Thursday, 12 August 2010

Summer Pals

This card has been the best part of a fortnight in the making so I'm mighty glad to have got it done. It was originally going to be for Digital Tuesday - last week! The challenge had been to use two digi stamps from 2 different companies so I decided to create a little scene with these two digi stamps. The chiminea is from Crafty Ann's and the cat and mouse is from Karen's Doodles. I played about with the backgrounds in photoshop so that I could overlay them. My colouring medium is promarkers with a couple of the colours of brilliance inks from the peacock pad 'dusted' on with a shaving brush for the background, I cut the image out with nesties labels 4 and left it in place while I did the background then added and edge with a gold pentouch pen.

The bps are from Mottled stone collections 5 & 6 and both are actually purple but the camera is refusing to play ball and show you this!! The circular mat is white pearlised paper that's been put throught the cuttlebug. This paper is stunning when it's been bugged. Just for the record, I wasn't drunk when I added the pearls - I stamped onto the darker bp with a umount corner swirls stamp with versmark and added the pearls to siutable places on the swirly bits!

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today, don't forget it's the new challenge at Crafty Ann's tomorrow and it's our final one at it's current location. Click here to find out more and to find out how you can win some digis too.

8 comments:

  1. I love those swirly flourishes!! Great card!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I love the images:) Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card... what an interesting image, I've never seen one with a chiminea before.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge at OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Ann :-)
    These two images go so well together and have made a fabulous scene.
    You know how I love the Mottled Stone collection and the stamping and 'bugging' looks great.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card..hmmm bbq!!lol
    Thanks for playing at one stop xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card i love the papers. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card love the cat image and the little scene you've created thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely Ann, I am so glad you got it finished.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x