Monday, 2 August 2010

That's Torn Christmas In July!!


This one is for several challenges, with the first inspiration coming from Bah! Humbug! and one of it's DT, Ann. The theme for this week's Bah! Humbug! is torn paper and the first thought that popped into my mind was a tutorial that Ann did for an acetate card that I've been wanting to try and it just seemed perfect for this theme so I decided to create this little scene of the snow people family. Click on the link to take you straight to the tutorial. It's a very simple card really - I won't go into the assembly of it because that's all in Ann's great tutorial. I created the background with alcohol inks in stonewash and denim and added white dots using an inktense pen for the 'snow'. I tore some white pearlescent paper for the snow and added glitter to the edges. The snowmen are a digi stamp from Crafty Ann's that I printed out in three sizes and coloured with promakers and a sakura stardust pen then added a touch of stickles star dust. The sentiment is from the Christmas Tickets sheet. All I added to finish it off was some white satin ribbon. I really enjoyed making this so thank you Ann!
The challenges I'm entering my card into are:

17 comments:

  1. This is Fabulous Ann, I am seriously trying to do some challenges now. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Ann it's just fantastic. I love your snowmen and I'm so pleased to see someone using the tutorial. I'll add a link to your card on my tutorial too.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snowy scene Ann

    Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ann

    This is just amazing and fabulous. Your background effect is fabulous especially with the white dots, and those gorgeous cutie snowmen make ther perfect snow scene.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on our challenge, and a lovely theme makes me feel all cold and Christmasy, thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you back Friday
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so canny, What a fab card , Im trying not to think of christmas its too early....but its everywhere hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely that acetate overlay brings so much diamension. Its a great scene and Christmas card, thank you for sharing with us at both TT and LTD hope to see you again soon. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Ann. Love it.

    Hugs

    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card, love it. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Ann, loving the images, your design and colour’s are superb.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet the three of them are looking, standing in the snow. It seems so far away but in a few months it will be us again ! Sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute snowmen! Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card - torn paper is perfect for creating snowy backdrops. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one fabulous Christmas card Ann I do love the snowmen.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card. Love the tearing and dimension plus those cute snowmen!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x