Friday, 27 August 2010

CACB Challenge # 22


Well it's CACB time again already! This time it's our first one in our new home and we have another first - our first sketch challenge. I have to admit that when I'm planning a card, I usually go looking for a sketch and if I'm struggling I always go looking for sketch so I thought it was about time we had one!

This was one of those cards I really enjoyed making because it came together really well. I've used two dp's (royal blue from the polished stone, brights collection and tartan 1 from the new Tartans collection) and white pearlescent paper. I printed the 3D daisy onto the white prearlescent paper and this paper is so gorgeous that the only colouring I needed to do was the flower centres (I always to them all in case any bits inadvertently show) which I coloured with promarkers and added some stickles to the top layer. I embellished with no less than 7 flourishes made from silver mirri, 3 papemania pearl brads and a white satin ribbon bow. There's lots of lovely sheen, shine and sparkle on this card because I printed the dp's onto satin paper but only printed the sizes I need to save on both ink and paper.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

I hope you'll be able to join us for this challenge and that you'll pop over and see the cards that the rest of the DT have come up with to inspire you - they really are fabulous!

12 comments:

  1. Love it Ann, it is so beautiful. I have enjoyed my time as a GD and it was lovely working with you and thank you for the chance.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a great card, I love the flourishes they are great & finish it off perfectly
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and classy card.Adore the daisy :D Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion:)
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.. the colors are so vibrant... the electric blue.. et WOW :)) beautiful job!! Thank you for playing with us this week on the CRAFT YOUR PASSION challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Ann and those tartan papers are super - why did I leave I ask myself??? thanks for sparkling with me again this week Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann, this is gorgeous! It certainly does pop with the use of all those embellishments! What a sweet card! Love the way you used all the pinks. So girly! Thanks so much for playing with us at Craft Your Passion, this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, thanks for joining us at FnF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, very classy card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!! It's soooo beautiful! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blue card is amazing. I just love your take on the sketch. It's beautiful.
    PS I have blog candy on my blog that will exp on 9-13. See side panel on right and click on photo. http://cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann,

    Lovely card, such gorgeous colours and beautiful flower. Some nice cards on your blog while I have been on holiday.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! The white flower just pops against the dark blue.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x