Friday, 13 August 2010

CACB #21


My apologies for being so late with my post today. It just seems to be running away from me! It's time for challenge #21 at Crafty Ann's and it's our last one in our current home. To find out where we're moving to and how you can be in the running to win some digis click here.

Our topic this time is Christmas in August - don't groan, you'll thank me for it when you have one less to make later!!! I will confess that I changed my mind three times about what I was going to do for this one - I have no idea why, other than that I seem to have had a week made up of part formed ideas that stubbornly refused to come to fruition! I am happy with the result though. I wanted to do something a bit different from the norm and marry up traditional with contemporary. My traditional are the baubles, and the contemporary is the colour which is definitely not a traditional one for christmas! I've used one of the mottled stone bps from collection 3 and to save ink I printed out only what I needed - including the small piece that I overlaid the ticket sentiment onto. I changed the colour of the ticket text in MS Word. I have coloured the baubles digitally and matted them onto white pealescent paper circles that I put through the c/bug swiss dots folder and added a small (hand tied!) ribbon bow to each one. In the end it came together pretty quickly which is just as well considering this was yesterday!
These challenges also helped to inspire me:
  • PTW - something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. You can use some or all of these elements
  • OLL - Spots and Dots 
  • ABC Christmas Challenge - Q is for quick. It was - eventually!
  • OCC - Embossable
Thank you for your visit today and I hope you'll find time to join in with us for our last challenge in our old home.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ann :-) simple and stunning :-) I LOVE this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer Ann this is truly wonderful that colour is vibrant and striking a beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Ann. The baubles are fantastic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and wow love the colour very rich and christmassy
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Anne and I love the rich colours.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue you have used. Great take on our sketch for this challenge

    Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - gorgeous colour!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! It looks like you pulled your ideas together and made a wonderful card.

    I do thank you for the Christmas challenge. I just got myself in the swing and am trying to make 1 or 2 Christmas cards a week. We'll see how long my motivation lasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card, love the colours too!
    Thanks for joining in the fun, Samantha ABC Christmas Challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous Christmas card! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love your take on the "quick and easy" challenge. Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge. We have another fun one for you...R is for Rudolph with extra "brads". We hope you can play along again!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x