Friday, 20 August 2010

Birthday Card


This card is my sister's birthday card and is her to a T! I've used a Mo Manning image which is perfect for my sis - I think she's addicted to both her laptop and facebook! I've got the hair colour just about right too - only hers is longer. I've coloured the image with promarkers and outlined both it and dps with silver pentouch pen. In keeping with this week's Ditgital Tuesday Challenge, I've used some scraps of white pearlescent paer that I've put through the swiss dots folder and a scrap of the same pealescent paper is the mat for the sentiment which again is on a scrap of the dp but created digitally then cut out with a nestability die. The dp is from funky collection 2 from Crafty Ann's and I've taken full advantage of the resizing ability of digital papers here. The papers come as A4 size and I cropped a piece so that I had almost all of the design and range of colour in it to 19.5cm x 19.5cm to go on a 20cm square card. Then I copied this and resized it for the smaller piece to go behind the main image which meant that I still kept the entire design which I wouldn't have been able to do if I'd just had to cut a piece from an A4 sheet. The added bonus of course is that I also only printed as much as I needed. You might be wondering why I chose to make the mug red in a predominently blue design - well, she's a Liverpool supporter! To finish it off, I've just gone for some flat backed pearls.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
  • ABC- b is for blue
  • Stampin' for the weekend - anything goes
  • PIO - to use more than 5 cut out shapes on your card (I have 3 rectangles, 2 squares, 1 circle and two nestie shapes on mine) and also to combine with as many other challenges as possible.
Thank you for visiting today.

9 comments:

  1. I love thi image Ann. I am sure your sister will love the card it is gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Ann, I'm sure your sister will love it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card hun thanks for joining us this week at abc challenge.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, fun image! Thanks for sharing with us at PIO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Ann, I have left you an award over on my blog which I hope you will accept.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous! Love the design and details!!! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you love challenges my new blog is purr-fect for you:
    www.felineplayful.blogspot.com
    Hope you will stop by and check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello
    You have a lucky sister who received this card. Great card and fab image.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
    *Gunn*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of scraps. I love digi images and a chance to use up those scraps with the Digital Tuesday challenge was great. Now I'm enjoying looking at what others made - such inspiration!
    TFS
    Paul
    http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x