Monday, 5 July 2010

Xtra Dimensions For My Favourite Things!

I think the lovely Doreen has started something off! As soon as I saw her GD card for the current CACB challenge, it started firing off all sorts of ideas! This is just one of them and  is a birthday card. I haven't made it too glittery because it's for a man. I've taken full advantage of being able to re-size digi stamps to make the template for this card and I've printed Venetian Mask 3 directly onto the card. I created my template in publisher but you could do it in word or any graphics program. My colouring medium is promarkers and sakura stardust pens - although I have to admit I was a bit ticked off when my purple stardust pen packed up when I was part way through the last eye area (there are several layers on different parts) even though there is a good 5cm of ink left in the barrel. I've decoupaged the music and ric rac part of the top image to 3 layers and the purple eye mask part to two layers on both top and bottom. I hope the recipient gets as much pleasure from the card as I have from making it.

I'm entering it into these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today and don't forget that our current challenge at Crafty Ann's is a shaped easel card and if you need any templates there are some freebies on their own page on the blog along with a link to a tutorial. If you've never made one, now would be a good time to give it a go - do try to join us.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow Ann, what a fantastic card! I love that image and it makes a fantastic easel card
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply stunning Ann,I don't think I could have thought of something this good.I'm so glad I got the grey matter doing a bit of overtime.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, you've taken the "easel" card to a great new height -- this is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is fabulous, Ann.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is different, but sooooooooo beautiful.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ann what a stunning card, I love it, so different, what a fantastic idea.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Ann this is absolutely, totally amazing wowwwwww it is gorgeous I can't say enough about this beauty that mask is wonderful ooooo I love, love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing it with us at SSDS this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card! I love it. Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is just amazing Ann - I love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann you have taken the easel card idea to a new level. Fantastic!

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is amazing! Your card is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at PIO! Hope to see you next challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x