Friday, 23 July 2010

Sweet Pea


This is one of those cards I really enjoyed making. I got my first sweet pea stamps this week and this is the first one I've used. It's called Midnight Waiting and I've coloured her with promarkers and glitter. I've made this for several challenges.
The sentiment stamp acting as the stop for the easel is one of my favourite quotations from Mark Twain "Sing like no-one's listening, Love like you've never been hurt, Dance like no-one's watching, Live like it's heaven on earth"
The bp's are both from Crafty Ann's, the largest one is from a new mottled stone collection that isn't in the shop yet but will be asap (update: the new papers are now in the shop) and the smaller strips are the purple from the polished stone brights collection. Unfortunately, the camera has altered the colours slightly, especially of the new mottled stone one - it's made it look more blue when in reality it's a lilac/lavender shade. Look at the blog background and that's what it looks like in real life!
Thank you for dropping by today.

18 comments:

  1. oh Ann this is just beautiful - my favourite quote too. Oh wish it was my birthday again. I guess I'll have to wait till next year.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, that is one gorgeous fairy stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning,gorogeus image and a gorogeus colour.

    Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Ann, beautiful image and colours.
    Like your latest papers and such a lovely sentiment.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Ann you have coloured her perfectly.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann this card is just beautiful. I love the sramp and you have coloured it beautifully.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Ann can you keep her until October? She is beautiful and you have done a great job with the colouring.

    I guess you'll be taking another jaunt over the pond to see what else you can buy from the wonderful Sweet Pea shop! You gotta know they are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. The soft colors and the lovely image with the details are wonderful and I love easel cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, the colours and layout are gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining in over at Sweet Pea Stampers!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ann this is stunning she is coloured so well and I love your choice of colour for our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty I love the colour combo you have gone for :D
    Thank you for joining us at sweet pea stampers and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful work Ann.
    Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Pea Stampers this week.
    hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ann, it's GORGEOUS. I love the choice of colours and those glittery wings. Best wishes, Kym xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Ann that iomage is beautiful xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x