Monday, 5 July 2010

Less is More?

Believe it or not I've had this made since saturday but only just got around to photographing it. It's for several challenges:
  • Bah! Humbug! who think that less is more (and who am I to argue??) You can interpret it by making a small card or going for clean and simple or both. I've gone for the clean and simple with mine.
  • Saturday Challenge - water
  • Fussy and Fancy Friday - Christmas in July
  • DU2DS - The Great Outdoors
To be honest it couldn't get much simpler than this one but I still enjoyed making it. I've used one the funky bps from Crafty Ann's but you'll just have to take my word for that seeing as I've covered most of it up! I've printed the Bridge Over Stream digi onto white pearlescent paper having changed the colour to a lavender shade in publisher first. I put the bottom 2/3rds through the swiss dots folder and embossed two straight lines to put the ribbon between. The only thing I've done with the image is pick out areas with a glue pen and add some glitter to give a lovely frosty/slightly snowy appearance.
A few glittery peel off edgings and an acetate printed happy christmas peel off and that about finishes it! Thank you for your visit today - I might even have another one for you later!!

10 comments:

  1. I don't know about being simple,I think it is very classy looking.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant Ann. Thank you for sharing at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sparkly scene looks lovely uncoloured.
    A very elegant card, Ann.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Less is definitely better for this card! You did just a great job with the embossing and everything! Looks so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the image and how you have used the lavender colour. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo Ann this I love so much this has a real calmness about it, I so love the clean and simple look I have always loved this image and have been tempted so many times to use it I am glad you did you are showing it off in all its glory.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooooooooooo Ann, your cards are just amazing, elegant and so beautiful. I love your little scene and your cuttling adds the perfect finish.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann - As you know I've been away for a few days so I'm a bit late blog hopping this week. This is just beautiful. I love how you have used that image (which is a really gorgeous one to start with). Just so serene - I love it.
    Hope you'll have time to join our new challenge that starts tomorrow.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Beautiful I love the snow and softness.

    Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy's Christmas in July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x