Friday, 16 July 2010

CCB #19


It's time for challenge #19 at Crafty Ann's and this time, one of the DT is our hostess. This challenge has been chosen by Kym who is a huge Cliff Richard fan and she wants us to be inspired by one of his songs. Now, I will admit to thinking ooooo 'eck! But when you start to look at a list of his many songs, there's loads to choose from - here's a link to a list if you need it. This is my DT card and I've chosen "In the Country" which he recorded in 1966.

I had a blast making it and I've used the "Bridge Over Stream" digi and the new "In the Artist's Studio" digi sheet to create my card. I've printed bridge over twice, making the 2nd one to fit the easel. I think being able to get the exact size you want is one of the best things about digistamps. One of the DT asked if I'd coloured the bigger image then scanned and resized it for the easel.......I have to admit that I didn't think of that!! Having said that though, I did enjoy the challenge of colouring the miniature version. My colouring medium throughout is Derwent Coloursoft pencils and on this occasion I chose not to blend them. The paint tubes and palette and brushes are also part of the new sheet. The bp is from  Mottled Stone Collection 3. The scroll embellishment down the side is a Marianne designs die that I cut out of a bit of the bp twice and placed end to end.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:


I loved doing this, thank you to both Kym and Sir Cliff for the inspiration and I hope you'll pop over and be wowed by what the rest of the DT have come up with and be tempted to join in with us.

9 comments:

  1. That's a lovely card and idea, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Ann

    Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann this is just stunning - love your easel set and on this card you have used it to perfection.
    Fabulous fabulous card.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love how you used the easel idea! Thanks for joining us AGAIN at SSDS! Here's to hoping you win again!!
    Scrappy Love,
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh I get to see this beauty again Ann it really is superb work you are ACe.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Ann. Love the mini version of the landscape. :)
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ann

    Oh I do love your card along with your new blog layout. Your card is so serene, beautiful and stunning. Love how you have used artist materials.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous clever card Ann. It is very tranquil.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x