Friday, 30 July 2010

CACB #20






It's time for challenge #20 at Crafty Ann's and this time our theme is Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer. Okay, I realise that some of you may need to use your imagination just now but in my own defence, when I set this challenge we were in the middle of a heat wave here in the UK!!

Anyway, I've made this caddy to hold some of the gorgeous lavender we have in the garden and have chosen images to put on the four flat edges to represent summer in some way. I came across this tutorial for the caddy, via Lorraine's blog and have been meaning to do one for weeks now. I've changed the size though because the original 12" x12" is too big for what I have in mind. I printed the lilac woodgrain effect paper from the pastels collection onto one side of linen effect card and the lilac mottled stone from collection 5 on the other side and trimmed it to 6" x 6" which has given me a lovely size to go on my bedside cabinet. It has meant that I've had to do some more miniatures though - the images couldn't be more than 3.5cm high to fit. I enjoyed it but I think the eyes are getting a bit past it to do this sort of thing too often!!! I cut each image out with a nestie label and a mount for it out of polished stone purple edged with gold pentouch pen. I tied the top with white satin ribbon and tied 3 sprigs of lavender and a couple of die cut flourishes into it to finish it off.


The images I've used are the chiminea, the rosebud posy, the bird on the blossom branch and I had to have a slightly tongue in cheek representation of our british summers with the duck in the umbrella! All the images were coloured with Derwent coloursoft pencils.

I'm also entering my caddy into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you'll find time to join us for challenge #20.

19 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Ann,I keep meaning to have a go at one of these.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann this is gorgeous and I can just about smell the lavender one of my favourite flowers - we haven't got any yet in our new garden but am hoping to have some next year

    Thanks for sharing your work with the \Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this smells divine Ann. Its absolutely beautiful. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann this is just so fabulous -ooooooooooooooooh I really want to have a go and what an amazing idea to fill it with lavender it will smell fabulous.
    Your tongue in cheek image was one I considered using and doing a scrapbook page with. I have a photo of Shelley at Blackpool Peasure beach umbrella up and surrounded by ducks. It would be a perfect image to use - maybe this weekend - gulp - I bought the image ages ago with good intentions.
    Thank you for having me at Crafty Ann's - it's been great. Maybe you'll have me back sometime.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a unique project...love all the images....thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann this is a beauty. I just love lavender and what a perfect way to caddy it. Love the images, just fab.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stuning! Really beautiful! Thank You for joining us over at BTC7G and Good Luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful this is would be a wonderful gift as well as perfect for the home just love this. Thank you for joining us at LTD this week. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning , what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beaut, Ann.
    What a good idea - just the job for holding lavender.
    I love all the images on the sides and the way you have decorated the top.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Ann what a fantastic idea I too love lavender and shall be having a go at this one, love the images and a great take on the summer theme.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic idea. I love all the little images around your wonderful creation. Thanks so much for entering our anything goes challenge at Creative Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a creative idea! I love this caddy and all of the images on it. Thanks for playing with us this week at SSDS. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ann,

    Your caddy is gorgeous, love all the images you have used.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous! I have to try it out myself. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly and good luck. Hugs Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning creation Ann, now I want to try one of the myself. Ooh I bet it smells fabulous filled with lilac - love your images, colouration and the nestie you used. Save some rain for me pretty please cos I´m about to hit good ole UK soon.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Ann this is gorgeous and very useful as well.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a lovely project. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x