Friday, 2 July 2010

CACB #18

I can't believe that it's that time again already! The past fortnight has sped by and it's time for challenge #18 at Crafty Ann's. This time our theme is SHAPED EASEL CARDS you can use one of the free templates that's available on the challenge blog or one of your own just as long as it isn't a straight forward square or rectangular shape. I've gone for the octagonal shape which is one of my favourites. I must confess that this card has changed from what I intended as far as the colour scheme goes - either the print heads want cleaning or I'm running out of one of the colours but the main paper is supposed to be a mid brown colour and has come out more of a pale olive colour - although it doesn't quite show that in the pic. I do like how it turned out though. The main bp is from the Abstract 2 earth tones collection and the other bp is from the Polished Stone earth tones collection from Crafty Ann's shop. I've edged them all with gold pentouch ink. The image is Venetian Mask 2 and I've coloured it with olive promarker and three lots of art institute glitter - gingerbread, fool's gold and flax. The mask is sitting on a piece of gold textured card that's been put through the c/bug script folder. Two swirls from a Marianne's Design die and some glitterations sparkly dots add the finishing touches.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Do pop over and check out the rest of the DT cards - this challenge was suggested by one of your GDs this time - Ann. I hope you'll join us and thank you for your visit today.

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the enbossing so elegant...x


    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to describe my thoughts on this beauty Ann.
    Sumptuous, stunning and absolutely gorgeous do come to mind though :-)
    I have to admit this is my favourite shape too and the colours you've used are just beautiful.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one very classy and elegant card Ann the colours are so Royal looking a beautiful creation. I must use those mask stamps soon.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this elegant ,classy card,beautifully made ,thanks for joining us at lexis creations and good luck in the challenge
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEEE Anne, this is a gorgeous card. Love how your colours turned out, sometimes things look better than originally planned.
    Must try to do an easel card so this challenge will spur me on.

    Hugs
    Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowo this is so different, love that mask, and what a great shape too!! have a crafty week end
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Ann this is soooooooo elegant - think the Octagon is my favourite of your shaped easel templates -hhhhhhhhhhmmmm actually I love the oval you sent me too - oh alright they are all brilliant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann, oh my goodness this is gorgeous hun. love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fabulous, great style...have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb card Ann. Love that mask!

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x