Monday, 7 June 2010

OOOOH 'ECK!!


Boy did I nearly make a major boo-boo!! I got a text from my sister this morning asking me if this year is one our bothers' silver wedding anniversary so between us we worked out that it is - and then we realised that it's tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about having to get moving sharpish! I'm ever so pleased that I created the pre-coloured flower collection now - it really came into it's own today. Because it's the 25th, I still wanted it to be as special as it would have been if I'd left myself more time. Of course, because I needed it in a hurry, my mind went blank so I went in search of a sketch to kick start me and found this lovely one at Sketch For You To Try. I've made the card 21cm x 21cm and I printed the pre-coloured pink roses posy onto white pearlescent paper and cut it out with a Marianne designs frame die. The two dps are from the embossed hearts and mottled stone collections. The flower is a 3D short petal one that I've coloured using twinkling H2Os - I got the idea to put the 25 in the flower centre from the lovely Irene.

The flourishes are two dies that are part of the set with the frame die and I thought it would be a bit special to use them instead of leaves. The border behind the main image is another Marianne die threaded with a white and silver organza ribbon. The whole thing is finished off with tiny crystals and glitterations border peel offs. I'm not usually very happy with a card I have to make in such a rush but I am with this one and I really enjoyed making it too.

I'm also entering my card in these challenges and then I'll probably go for a nice lie down in a darkened room!
 Thank you for dropping by today.

23 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Ann your flowers and flourishes are gorgeous I love the way you have added the 25 inside the flower.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ann, and it is so special as you have used your flowers.
    Beautiful flourish, I am sure it will be treasured.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Ann, glad you realised you needed to make a 25th Anniversary card! the flower and flourishes work really well!
    Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo pretty Ann. Wow! The flower with those flourishes just take my breath away; they look fantastic.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb card Ann, love the flourishes with the flower such a good idea and one I may just have to use! Love the whole effect of the card and the 25 in the middle of the flower is inspired.

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. For something that's been done at short notice I think you've come up with a fabulous card. Love the design and especially the die cut swirls.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card for the SFYTT challenge. Looks like you and I had the same challenge this week...a special anniversary card and a great card layout from the SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! this is gorgeous! and i just love those flourishes! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super gorgeous! Love that silver and those flourishes on the flower are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WEll...in a rush or not, this is just beautiful! I love how you've incorporated silver in with those pretty flowers. That silver swirl is just to die for!! Love it!

    thank you for joining us at STamptacular this week!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card, I love the flower with the 25 in the centre! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phew Ann! You made it in time and so stylishly too.
    I'm sure your brother and his wife will love it.
    I like the wee touch with the 25 in the centre of the flower - that's an idea I might just 'borrow'. LOL
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a narrow escape An, but your brother and his wife will love this card, so many gorgeous details, Great take on our challenge! Thanks for joining us at SSC! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, beautiful details. Thanks for going digi with us at Stamp Something this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love those swirls - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ann, what a beautiful card. Love the image and gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at stamptacular this week. Hugs, Denise (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This certainly is a really special card, Ann.
    Your flowers and the swirls look gorgeous and I love the frame for the roses.
    Glad you like the "number-in-the-flower" idea enough to use it on this beautiful card :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely, Ann! Congrats to your Brother, he's sure to love this beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "I Do, I Do!" challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Ann, gorgeous flowers. I love the swirls and ribbon. I am sure it will be well received.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those flourishes.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful - from the heart embossed background to those gorgeous flourishes with the flower!!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this week! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh how lovely your card is! Adore how you added the 25 to the center of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Ann, this is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x