It is this year anyway - I've had a silver wedding anniversary, a 1st birthday and next week an 18th! I've been drawing this digi for 2 weeks because I wanted it to be just right. That's because the 18th birthday in question is that of our 2nd Grandson and although he doesn't know it, he was the model for the digi! I did my drawing from a photo I took 18 months ago so I wonder if he'll recognise himself? The digi will be in the shop either later today or tomorrow. (UPDATE: It's in the shop now and he DID recognise himself!) This is my first attempt at drawing people and it seems fitting that it's of someone special to me. He's at music college and plays bass guitar - he's very talented and often just sits and creates a piece of music as he plays which is what he was doing when this photo was taken - something he was creating for me. He didn't write any of it down so it only ever got played that once which in some ways makes it even more special.
The card is 21cm x 21cm and the base card blue pearlescent and I've stamped all over it with 2 See D's stamps and versamark ink. The dp is from mottled stone collection 2. The three embellishments down the side panel are the electric guitar 2 - don't you just love how you can re-size digis to suit?? The guitars and the main image have been coloured with promarkers and the main image is mounted on a real CD. The sentiment is computer generated and the 3 stars were stamped with versamark and embossed with silver detail ep.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
- A sketch challenge by BeeCeeArtistic Digital Images for her group on Crafters Digital Art Centre (If you'd like to join us in what is proving to be a very lively community, there's a link in my side bar)
- C.R.A.F.T. - Father's Day/Men's Card
- Stamp Something - Happy something
- Raise the Bar - Sweet Music
- Wednesday Stamper - we’d love for you to show us something or somebody you love
- Tanda Stamps - for the big man
- Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - Father's Day/Manly