Friday, 11 June 2010

June Is A 'Special' Month!


It is this year anyway - I've had a silver wedding anniversary, a 1st birthday and next week an 18th! I've been drawing this digi for 2 weeks because I wanted it to be just right. That's because the 18th birthday in question is that of our 2nd Grandson and although he doesn't know it, he was the model for the digi! I did my drawing from a photo I took 18 months ago so I wonder if he'll recognise himself? The digi will be in the shop either later today or tomorrow. (UPDATE: It's in the shop now and he DID recognise himself!) This is my first attempt at drawing people and it seems fitting that it's of someone special to me. He's at music college and plays bass guitar - he's very talented and often just sits and creates a piece of music as he plays which is what he was doing when this photo was taken - something he was creating for me. He didn't write any of it down so it only ever got played that once which in some ways makes it even more special.

The card is 21cm x 21cm and the base card blue pearlescent and I've stamped all over it with 2 See D's stamps and versamark ink. The dp is from mottled stone collection 2. The three embellishments down the side panel are the electric guitar 2 - don't you just love how you can re-size digis to suit?? The guitars and the main image have been coloured with promarkers and the main image is mounted on a real CD. The sentiment is computer generated and the 3 stars were stamped with versamark and embossed with silver detail ep.

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for visiting today.

18 comments:

  1. Brilliant Ann I was waiting to see what you would create with this great image and you haven't disappointed it is one great card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Ann - and how extra satisfying to know that it's ALL your own work.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Anne,a fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Anne..I'm sure he will love it!

    thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card!! Love how you made a stamp from his picture, beautiful tribute to your grandson!! Love it!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Ann. Your new drawing is brilliant and the fact that this is completely all your own work makes it so much extra special and personal for your Grandson

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is so special, every detail is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card. Reminds me of my OH ... he plays guitar, but lead/rhythm instead of bass. I am sure your GS will be thrilled with it. If I could draw like that I would be pleased. Well done.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word Ann! You just get better and better don't you?
    This image is wonderful and totally unique for your grandson (just like his piece of music for you)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really special Ann - I bet he knows straight away that it is him. A great card.
    Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this image...makes me think of my grandson who will be 15 on the 20th. He is also a guitar player. Gonna have to have this one :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fab card and image Ann. I do hope your Grandson doesn't ask for Royalties. Lol!!!
    Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your digi is absolutely amazing Ann! How clever of you to do this for your grandson ... he should be thrilled! I know I would be!!!
    Wonderful color and layout! Congrats on all the milestones and thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ann this is awesome!! You did a wonderful job on the digi and the fact that your grandson inspired it makes it all the more fabulous!! My husband is a guitar player also so I think this is very special.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ann this is simply adorable! What a great memory it evokes, for both of you too! I love that you drew it inspired by him, he'll love it. This is Sweet Music indeed. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic personal card! I love that image! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x