Thursday, 24 June 2010

Here Comes Santa!


I'll be getting stripped of my loyalty badge at Bah! Humbug! I run late so often! I've had to miss a few that I really wanted to do, but I was determined not to miss this one so I'm linking it even though I'm after the 12pm deadline. The theme is: A Child's Christmas and if there are ever two things that go together it's children and Christmas! As soon as I saw this image from Mo Manning called "Jack Waiting", this is what popped into my mind so it was perfect. The theme at DP2 Challenge this week is "Anything Goes" so am entering my card into this one too. Digital Tuesday has "Christmas in June" and My Time To Craft has "Yuletide in June" as the theme this week which also fits perfectly and last but certainly not least, Passion for Promarkers want to see our favourite things - well children and Christmas are two of my favourite things so put them together and it doesn't get much better!

To what I've used - The main image is Jack waiting from Mo Manning. I've added the Christmas Garland from Crafty Ann's along the top of the window and stamped the sleigh silhouette in black memento ink then scanned it into the computer so that I could re-size it. Both the sleigh and the here comes santa stamps are from the same See D's set. My colouring medium was promarkers and I used distress inks and duster brushes to create the carpet and walls of the room. Other than that I kept it very simple. I used the red embossed dots bp and some gold mirri and a few peel offs and that's pretty much it because I wanted to let the lovely image take centre stage.

Thank you for popping by today.

19 comments:

  1. oh yeah! children and xmas definitely go together. and this is just darling! too bad i wasn't allowed to stay up late enough to see santa sail across the sky!!!

    just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made such a wonderful scene here Ann, I love all the detail you've added to this sweet image and your colouring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ann.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, what a gorgeous card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Ann, the image is really lovely. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just wonderful Ann - I love how you have combined all the different elements so successfully. It all gels so well - love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great Ann, I so love that image and he looks lovely in the setting you have given him.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about being late for the deadline Ann, we still like to see the results of our challenges so thank you for sharing. A lot of thought has gone into creating this card and you have combined your different elements beautifully.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at MTTC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ann this is so lovely what a beautiful image and the colouring is gorgeous I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet image and the coloring is wonderful I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A adorable card, love the image and beautiful colours.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really sweet Christmas card!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at PFP this week! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet...thanks for joining us at PFP this week...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you wasn't late this time as this is fabulous.

    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Ann, such a lovely image. Lots to catch up on while I have been away.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ann,
    This is a special image. I have a Jack (& a Ben) who still look out for Santa! Your card is stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab card - thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x