Friday, 4 June 2010

Eng-er-land!


I think that's how you're supposed to say it anyway lol!! It's time for a new challenge at Crafty Ann's but we'll come back to that in a sec because first of all I need to tell you who won the draw for the prize on my blog for the blog hop  - all the names of those of you who took part went into a hat and the one that came back out was Janet who wins these two sheets:


Congratulations Janet they'll be dropping into your inbox really soon.

Now to the new challenge and #16 takes it's inspiration from the football world cup. It's simply to fly the flag for your country (whether they are taking part or not) by using just the colours in your national flag although hair and skin tones or leaf tones can also be used as can gold and silver. We also need to say which country we're flying the flag for - I think the title of my post tells you mine :oD

I've used the daisy and the red gerbera from the new pre-coloured sheets in two different sizes for mine. My bps are a lovely white pearlescent paper and a piece of polished stone red from the brights collection. Both have been put through the c/bug Nat folder. I've also made good use of the allowed gold mirri card - the four smaller flowers are sitting on a Marianne's border die which has had white satin ribbon threaded through it and three little white pearls added to the centre. I've used gold die cut flourishes instead of leaves - again Marianne's and apart from the glitterations borders, that's it.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and for the lovely comments you leave me. I hope you'll get the time to join in with us and fly your country's flag.

16 comments:

  1. Wow this is so elegant.I love the flowers and swirls Ann.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing, and those flowers sure are summer-y! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brilliant Ann. I didn't think of using the 'strip' colours. Much easier without the blue. This card is stunning.The flowers are gorgeous and the embossing is lovely.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of using your country's flag as inspiration! What a FAN-tastic idea to celebrate the world cup in card-maker style! :)

    Thanks for playing with us at OSCC!

    Have a great day,
    --Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that card Ann, the flowers are beautiful and the colours great, super challenge too, must make time to enter.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabulous creation and thanks for joining us at TT this week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As has been said a very elegant card colour theme works perfectly. thank you for joining in with us at TT this week, did you see we have a Tanda prize? might be worth adding a little link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, lovely image & colours, good luck. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann I just adore flowers - that is my favorite part of Spring and Summer. ;) Wonderful card here with happy daisies and flourishes!! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week and celebrating Summer. :D
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, I love the papers.
    Thanks for joining us at One stop craft challenge and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, Ann.
    You know I adore the flowers and the swirls go perfectly with them.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Ann, love the flowers and the gold embossed border looks stunning
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love the flowers. They sure are that perfect way to celebrate summer aren't they.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card Ann and also fab challenge. The flowers are so delicate. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree ... this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar! Hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x