Friday, 18 June 2010

CACB #17

It's time for the new challenge at Crafty Ann's and this time our theme is Embossing. This is the very first card I've made for a handfasting ceremony. I've used my hands digi and the bow from one of the frames digis to create my main image.The hearts are a rubber stamp that were stamped using the brilliance twilight pad and the sentiment is one of my favourite stamps and says "love is the shortest distance between two hearts." My colouring medium is promarkers and the bps are Crafty Ann's from the polished stone collections and the heart shaped bp is from the  embossed hearts collection. The two smaller pieces on the bottom of the easel card have been put through the c/bug Nat folder and I've added flourishes from a Marianne's die and pearls to the corners to finish it off.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today, I hope you'll pop over and check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the DT and join us too.

13 comments:

  1. oh my word! this is absolutely gorgeous!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Ann and I just love the colour palette and papers you've used.
    I've never heard of a handfasting ceremony, but it certainly sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Ann it is gorgeous. Beautiful colours. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Ann, I've not heard of that ceremony either but it is a lovely card for it! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann what a beautiful card I have never heard of a handfasting ceromony either I shall have to google
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is lovely - thanks for joining us at the alphabet challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Digital Tuesday!
    Greetings Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  8. so precious!!! beautiful card hun!
    Thank you for coming to play with us @ Digital Tuesday!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Ann, the subtle colours are wonderful and the image is perfect!!! I love the way you've framed the heart with those flourished - makes a gorgeous frame for those images
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ann I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it so beautifully designed the colours and image are gorgeous thank you for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann I came over to say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm only a learner but I reckon between us if we did have a digi retreat I'm sure we could pass stuff on. I know you could with your art skills.
    I thought I had commented on this lovely card but can't see my comment. Has Mr Blogger eaten it I wonder!
    It's a stunner Ann.
    Bad Mr Blogger.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x