Saturday, 15 May 2010

Punching Through The Snow!


Merry Christmas! (Well, it'll be here before we know it!) I've had to miss the last 3 challenges at Bah! Humbug! but I was determined not to miss a fourth. The theme this time is punched borders so off I went in search of my holly border punch only to remember that it broke so at the moment I don't have any Christmas border punches. Instead, I've used an ornate one on the gold holographic mirri mat behind the Christmas Tree Snowglobe and a scalloped edge both sides of the white pearlescent paper behind the trees. The main bp is from the new Mottled Stone collection 4. I've put both the mats through the swiss dots c/bug folder. The snowy part of the card was inspired by the Winter Wonderland challenge which is "See amid the winter's snow". I've used promarkers for colouring and also added glitter to the snowglobe. There's another for the box - thanks to having some lovely challenges dedicated to Christmas.

Thank you for your visit today.

16 comments:

  1. A realy different take on the challenge. A great card. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Hop over to my blog for candy. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Ann - lovely to have you back =)
    Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow I love snowballs, what a brilliant idea for a card very inspirational. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland hope to see you back next week too
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally ACE what great design Ann loving that snow globe of yours but however hard I try I just cannot get into the Christmas card making mode especially as it still feels like Winter lol.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Ann,love the snow globe. Don't worry about the visits,I know you do when you have time.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann what a lovely card, I don't have any Christmas border puches either! It was scallops or flowers eek!! Your snowglobe is fab, lots of love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love the snow globe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely snowy card! At least it's sunny outside!!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Anne and so pleased you found a punch so you could enter. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Ann, great bp and images.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas box must be filling up nicely!
    Lovely card.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Ann, great to see you back again. Do I detect a little cuttling and a fantastic snowglobe.

    Thank you for joining us at Bah!Humbug!


    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Ann - loads of different elements all combined to create one great work.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really lovely card Ann
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x