Monday, 24 May 2010

Going To New York - With A Flourish - Twice??


This card is for 3 challenges and is one I really enjoyed making even though it didn't take long! To begin at the begining, my lovely friend Ann sent me this stunning card (how lucky am I???) and I just had to check out Marianne desgn dies and ended up buying a couple - this frame and flourishes and the border die, both of which I've used on this card. I was looking to make a card for Rainbow Lady's challenge which is New York, New York this week and Cynthia informs us that the red rose is the state flower so I isolated the rosebud posy with the yellow bow from the new pre-coloured Red Roses sheet then re-sized it to fit into the centre of the frame. Once I'd cut it out I backed it with gold mirri card then cut two of one of the lovely flourishes that come with the frame out of the same mirri card. I cut two pieces of white pearlescent paper with a scalloped edge and put them through the c/bug textures folder. The border die has been cut out of the same gold mirri and had white satin ribbon through. It wasn't until I'd attached the border to the card that I realised that I'd forgotten the embossing part in my excitement! I got round that by embellishing with butterflies, hearts and pearls and I'm actually glad I made the mistake because now I feel like I have two dies for the price of one! The dp is from the new funky collection 3.

I struggled to get a decent photo because of all the mirri and as a result the roses look darker than they are in real life. I'm also entering my card into these two challenges:
  • Stamp Something who want us to use 2 of something (I have 2 pieces of embossed paper, 2 heart embellies and 2 flourishes)
  • Lots to do - flourishes or swirls.
Thank you for your visit today and don't forget to check out our blog hop at Crafty Ann's where all of the new pre-coloured sheets are up as prizes.

11 comments:

  1. mmm how gorgeous is this Ann. Wonderful flowers and love the flourishes and die cuts. Thanks for playing in New York this week Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ann

    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over on Lotstodo this week - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Ann, love the new flowers and they looks gorgeous in that frame
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Ann

    Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann this card is beautiful. I love everything about it.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Ann, love the flower image and the frame is fabulous.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Ann, love the frames and the roses are lovely.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgoeous Ann love the flourishes and the flowers are stunning.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Ann. Those dies look fantastic and the roses look so godo within the frame. Lovely design.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those golden flourish dies!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x