Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Carnivale!


I've been lucky enough to visit Venice three times (although never during Carnivale) and love the place so I'm delighted that today sees the launch of the Venetian Mask Set of digi stamps at Crafty Ann's. There are four in the set and are available singly at just £0.60p each or as a multibuy at £1.80p for all four. I've loved drawing these and couldn't wait to use one. The one I've chosen for the main image reminds me of one I brought back from one of the trips but sadly no longer own and is number 3 in the set. I've also used mask 2 as smaller embellishments.

I've used promarkers and sakura pens to colour the main image and Derwent coloursoft pencils and sakura pens to colour the three smaller masks. I also used the promarker to colour the ribbon and pearls. The dps are both from Crafty Ann's and the bigger circles are from the new mottled stone collection 2 and the smaller one behind the main image and on the stand for the easel is from the new funky collection 2. The three circles were put through cuttlebug folders though I'm not sure how well that shows up.

I've been inspired by several challenges for this one:
  • Truly Scrumptious - (sketch)
  • OLLCB - Bright and Cheerful (I'm all for that!)
  • Crafty Creations - Around the World
  • Your Next Stamp - Cut it out and pop it up. (I cut all the masks out and shaped them before attaching them with plenty of 3D foam)
  • DU2DS Anything goes - I thought I'd linked a card last Friday but couldn't see it this morning so will link this one.
I've loved making this, hope you like it too and thank you for your visit today. (Forgot to mention that if you want the template for the round easel card it's available freebies on CACB.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just gorgeous Ann, love your new digis and that paper looks pretty tempting too
    and yes the cuttlebugging does show
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card....perfect representation of Venice...love your muscial paper on the crown! I must say I loved this city myself! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are gorgeous Ann and the card you've made with them is just perfect. I will buying these - just need to get a few things finished first.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have visited Venice many times too, its my favourite place in the whole world, beautiful and it lives in my soul...your card reminds me of it...gorgeous...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - it leapt out of the screen at me.
    I too have been to Venice a couple of times. A fabulous place.
    Thank you for joining us at OLL.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is great ann, I love it, perfect for Mardi Gras too, great round easel card, will have to try that;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Ann and the images are super. Love the layout/shape of the card as well. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely Ann. I love the mask images and the colours on this card are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is beautiful and the colours are lovely
    Thank you for joining us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us for Challenge 16 at YNS Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Ann this looks awesome. Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! Venice! I am so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh such a fabulous card Ann. Love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Ann, this is fabulous.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x