Friday, 21 May 2010

BLOG HOP!!!




It's already time for challenge #15 at Crafty Ann's and we're having our very first BLOG HOP! We're celebrating the launch of the Flower Collection of pre-coloured images. If you have come to me from Chrissie, you are on the right lines but if not, you need to start at the beginning which is the challenge blog.

To be in with a chance of winning these two sheets from the new collection, just leave a comment on this post.


Don't forget to collect the two words you need from me which are: BETTER, HAPPIER. When you leave here, your next stop will be Beryl who has some wonderful inspiration for you and two more sheets for you to win and two more words of the quotation. When you have visited all the blogs you need to end up back at the challenge blog and follow the instructions on there to find out what to do to be in with a chance of winning the final 5 sheets.

Now on to what I've used for my card - the theme this time is 'Lots of Colour' It can be lots of one colour or lots of different colours - the choice is yours. I've gone mostly with blue and a touch of green and I had a blast making this. I've used the blue long petal flower which I just printed off as it comes but of course you could crop and re-size like you can with any digi image if you wanted to. As you can see, I decided to go with a 15cm square easel card. It was a simple matter of cutting the flowers and leaves out and shaping them - I like to use a paintbrush handle for this because you don't get any sharp lines, and I had a lovely time doing this while watching Midsommer Murders on T.V. The dp is from the new Mottled Stone Collection 4 and I printed both the dp and the flower sheet onto satin finish photo paper. (Tip: I resized the dp to 14.4cm square then copied and pasted that. Both fit onto an A4 sheet and I'm only using the ink I need to use for this project.) The textured navy card, holographic mirri card and pealescent white paper all came from my stash. The 3 strips of pearlescent white paper behind the large flower were put through the cuttlebug birds and swirls folder. The finishing touches are silver ribbon and silver glitterations peel offs. Don't tell her, but this card is for a rather special lady's birthday - I know I can count on you to keep that to yourself! :oD

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Good luck in all the draws and I hope you'll join in with a project too - remember there are 5 of these sheets to be won for one lucky person who does.

31 comments:

  1. Wow~ I am the first one. :)
    I like Crafty Ann's Challenge, and all DT's card are so pretty.
    This blue flowers card is so pretty, and make me feel confortable.
    Thank You, all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh stunning Ann - working later today so not read all instructions but will be back over weekend.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Ann. Love the new flowers.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, Thank you for joining in the Birthday Celebrations at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your gorgeous creation.Love your colour pallet and those gorgeous flowers. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, this is very pretty!! I love the colors and your lovely flowers. Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann this is gorgeous! Fabulous design and I love the colors.
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hop and great flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card with lovely flowers Ann. Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the blog hop Ann and your new flowers are gorgeous. Beautiful card, such pretty colours too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow this is so beautiful hun that flower is just amazing many thanks for playing at the pixie cottage this week hope to see you again,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card I love that flower!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

    I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful flower card.
    Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage this week.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a very beautiful card! Love the soft hues of blue.
    Thanks so much for playing at the Pixie Cottage Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card! What a great way to apply our challenge. thanks for joinging us at the Pixie cottage~
    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card
    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohh this is stunning I love it thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Love the new flower releases! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful! I am loving those gorgeous flowers and your card design is exquisite :)
    Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card and i love these flowers.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm back and hopping along nicely.
    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ann its just gorgeous, the colours of these new flowers are so pretty and certainly will blend with all papers thats for sure.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow This card is fab Ann, I love the colours and the flowers. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card for our blogaversary at CRAFT Challenge, thank you for joining us and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love what you did for this fortnight's blog hop Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card, those flowers are gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T for for birthday challenge and good luck.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love blog hops- very fun
    Hugs,

    Myrto

    ReplyDelete
  27. pretty layers- bravo!
    thank you for playing at the pixie cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting blog hop - hope all is done okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Ann,

    Super card and great blog hop

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous card, I've been browsing your blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x