Friday, 23 April 2010

A Tasty Dish


Well, yet another fortnight has passed - is the speed an age thing I wonder????? That's a rhetorical question, please don't feel the need to answer lol!!

It's time for challenge #13 at Crafty Ann's and this time we have a recipe for you:
  • one main digi image 
  • a maximum of 3 colours (although you can use less)
  • one ribbon 
  • three flowers (these can be digi too if you wish).
These ingredients can lead to lots of tasty dishes as you'll see when you check out what the rest of the DT came up with. I haven't counted the gold on mine as a colour and my three colours are brown, yellow and green.

The largest bp is the dark brown woodgrain from the polished stone earthtones collection but the printer was running out of one of the colours and I got a rather interesting effect that I'll never be able to repeat but I liked it so have used it. The strip on the scallop edged strip of mirri is a piece of embossed dots from the earth tones collection. The flower buttons I've had in my stash for about 4 years and happen to be a perfect match for the paper I used for the main topper and I've set these onto the ribbon.

My main digi image is one I've created by layering the image of the cala lillies 2 onto a piece of bp digitally then adding the jigsaw overlay - re-sizing it to suit and changing the colour to brown which goes better with the rest of the image. Then I printed it off and coloured it with promarkers. I've been getting asked about creating these toppers so as soon as I get chance I'll do a workshop about it - it really isn't difficult. Once I'd finished colouring the image I cut a couple of the pieces out using a craft knife.

My card is also for these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you'll find time to come and join us this fortnight.

23 comments:

  1. Great card Ann. Love the punched corners. Well done for combining so many challenges.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooooooooh this is fab Ann - love the jigsaw effect. Will do my best to join in this time - you're right 2 weeks flies by and before you know it there is a new challenge.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Ann, I love the jigsaw.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ann, this is stunning. I love your cala lillies and the jigsaw finish. Love the colour combo too, so rich
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Wow from me Ann, a gorgoeus card and I love the way you've used the jigsaw
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jigsaw effect there Ann and the colours are fabulous!

    Thanks for joining in with the tanda teaser this week!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful creation Ann.
    How do you manage to find so many challenges? I never manage to find any that fit my card lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Ann, I love the way you have doneit like a jigsaw, it looks so effective.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Ann that is so gorgeous, love the stunning jigsaw effect and all your colours.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woweee, Ann - totally gorgeous.
    The jigsaw effect is wonderful and I really do love the cala's

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Ann, I love the colours and the jigsaw effect. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann this card is fabulous. Love the image and the colour scheme.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Ann and love the jigsaw!
    Thank you for joining us this week over at creative inspirations and good luck.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ann that jig saw effect looks awesome I was toying with the idea of using it on my DT card but changed tack. I love this so much the colours are so rich and the Cala Lillies are beautiful thank you for sharing with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab card,love the jigsaw thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh gorjus card hun great papers,and image,thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card Anne, love the jigsaw layout and your colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week, good luck in the draw.

    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. clever getting so many challenges in one vivid card.

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cool and funky effect with the jig saw, I love that. Thank you for joining in at Creative Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the jigsaw effect on your image, it looks great!
    Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  21. how ingenious - a jig say card! fabulous!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. so adorable, great job...have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  23. These colours are gorgeous Ann - perfect for the Tanda Teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x