Friday, 9 April 2010

Sunset at Whitfield Bay!


It's unbelievable but another fortnight has flown by! We are up to Challenge #12 at Crafty Ann's already - which also means that we've reached 6 months! The time has flown by and we've been privilaged to see some amazing creations so thank you all who have joined us.

This time our theme is 'Let the sunshine in!' I think this is something that a lot of us are getting pretty desperate for just now!  For me, there is nothing better than a beautiful red sunset at the end of a gloriously sunny day and that's what I wanted to depict. I couldn't help myself and have done another oval easel card (I'm wondering if I should start and easel cardaholics support group!!) I created a new bp for the occasion (keep a look out in the shop because this will be part of a new range soon) then digitally overlaid the Tropical beach scene before printing out as one. I've printed it onto a satin photo paper then created the silhouettes using cool grey 5 and black promarkers. I wasn't sure how the promarkers would react to both paper and ink but they're fine.

Unfortunately the photo doesn't show the true effect so I'll see if I can improve with a close up and add it if I can. Because of using the 2 shades there are some subtle tonal differences that don't show up in the pic but also, there is a sheen to the shilhouettes that make them really 'pop' - especially when the light catches them. Last but not least, the effect of the pens looks like the texture of oil paint even though the areas are completely smooth when you run your finger over them. I think I'll be playing more with this!


Okay - this is the best close up I can manage - ignore the flash flare and you should get some idea of what I was talking about above. It still only partially shows the effects but at least gives you some idea.

I've used gold mirri card and black matte card that I've edged with gold pentouch pen for my other mats and the sentiment has been stamped in versamark and embossed with gold detail ep.

My card is also for these challenges:
 Do please pop over and check out the rest of the cards by the DT - we've all interpreted the challenge differently and it's been fascinating watching the cards come in. If you were one of the record number of entries into our last challenge don't forget to see if you won too - there are two winners this time. I do hope you'll get chance to join us again.

26 comments:

  1. Ann, this is just stunning. Absolutely Fabulous I love it. I too love a beautiful sunset. The oval easel is brilliant, think this is my favourite. Love your new look blog with your own imnages and papers - how clever.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! thanks for joining us at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Ann this is gorgeous - love the effects you've achieved - just amazing.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the effects you achieved with this card Ann, I would NEVER have thought of trying them.
    I can imagine sitting on the deck of a cruise ship with a cocktail, looking out at this island. Ah well, I can dream can't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and design! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Anne this card is stunning, just gorgeous.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that's a faboulous card!! gorgeous colours!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, love the warm rich red

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly do have some great textures going on. Great card, makes me long for the beach!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great easel card Ann.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just fabulous Ann - I wanna be there! Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ann this is so fantastic. Well done you are so talented and creative. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne,
    That's a very cool card!
    Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great art work, expressive and unique!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne,

    Gorgeous creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge.

    Please feel free to visit my blog: www.catlover-tam.blogspot.com.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card look amazing, many thanks for the guest DT spot.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card. Very striking and stylish! Thanks for joining us with the Metal challenge over on Dare U.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow wow wow Ann, what a stunning card, you are such a talented crafter
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ann, this is absolutely stunning! Really unique and gorgeous :) Love it! thanks for piling it on with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very unique card Ann. Love all your techniques and the sheen is glorious.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is fabulous :)

    Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week!! Good Luck !!

    Dont forget our Design Team Call :)

    Please visit my personal blog Vanilla Hevn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really super piece of art work!! Magnificent scene you have created. Love the red sunset effect. The oval is wonderful for the easel card. I haven't seen one that shape before and I really like it! Great job on the easel card challenge. So happy you could play along with us this week at Pile it On!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH wow, Ann, I am right there on that beach!!! This a great interpretation of the theme.
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A stunning easel card, and such an unusual but effective shape - I love it, and I adore watching sunsets too!
    Thanks for joining in at DU2DS this week.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh I want to be there...

    Thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It On! Challenge.

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x