Sunday, 18 April 2010

Santa.......................Trotters?????????


Over at Bah! Humbug! this week the theme is 'Santa Paws' - Festive Furry Friends in your Christmas Creations - your challenge is to make us say "Awwwwwwwwwwww!"
Have a good rummage around and set free all the cute teddies, bunnies, mice, kittens and puppies hiding away in your stash. Let them dress up in their Santa hats, pull some crackers, decorate the tree or just come out to play for a while. If they are creatures with paws ... then we want you to share their little furry pawprints with us at Bah! Humbug!
My first thought on reading this was 'oh crikey! have I got anything suitable??" Of course a mental meander through my stamps shows that I have several - there was only one problem - as I was mentally meandering through my stamps this image kept popping into my head! I just couldn't help myself so out came sketch pad, pencil and pen and Pig Hitchin' a Ride got a Christmas makeover! I'll be popping him into the shop when I've finished this post. I know that strictly speaking he's not furry and he's got trotters and not paws.......but he is cute and seeing as the Bah! Humbug! girls inspired this digi, it would have been rude not to enter him wouldn't it?

On to what I've used. The bp is embossed dots and the white pearlescent paper has been put through the C/bug swiss dots folder. The round sentiment is one of three that's part of the digi sheet and it and the image were printed out onto pearlescent paper and coloured with promarkers. The promarkers work on this but it's not so easy to shade with them so I can't see me using it all that often. I've added crystal glitter to all three santa hats, the gift bag and also to the background of the main image to represent snowflakes. The only embellishments are the three snowflakes punched out of some of the pearlescent paper.

Several other challenges have helped to inspire this card:
  • Sketch and Stash for the sketch (my new stash is the digi)
  • PTW - Cutie Pie
  • Little Red Wagon -Dry embossing
  • ABC - S is for sparkle (this card sparkles a lot more in real life than it does in the photo so I hope there's enough)
  • Theme Thursday - Hats or Crowns
  • Stamp Something - Something Layered (this card has 6 layers not including the snowflakes)
I've had great fun creating the digi then making this card so thank you for the inspiration challenges and thank you for your visit today.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Ann this card is fantastic. Love the image and the sentiment is great.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Ann you made me smile with this one. Also it made me gulp a bit too as an old family friend (and farmer) was so fond of his pigs and it would have made such a good card for him.
    Ah well stop being silly soppy - it's great and why not have Santa Trotters - pigs are cute too and very much maligned.
    Thanks for joining in Ann - lovely to see your work. Love those embossed dot papers.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ann, why am I not shocked at a pig trotter.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Ann, Piggy looks so cute dressed in his Christmas hat.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is just fabulous Ann, and I think a baby pig is just a cute as anything else.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anne

    Oh wow this is just fantastic and definately an awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww card, I love your image he is so cute Gorgeous backing papers and do I detect a little fabby cuttling ??

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwww Ann, Mr Piggy looks so cute in his little Santa hat - its a really fab card
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice.....thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, this is so sweet Anne, what an adorable image!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well - what can I say Ann? How could we possibly refuse to accept your little piggy - despite his lack of paws - 'cos he is cute and did make me say 'Awwwwwww' Thank you for joining in with our latest Bah! Humbug! Challenge.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Ann this is fabulous I can guarantee that this image will be used alot at Christmas time it is brilliant.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww... what a great card Ann!!! Made me giggle!! So glad you could join us for the Stamp Something challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with the sketch here Ann!
    Your little grunter looks fab with his Santa hat on.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous sparkles

    Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x