Thursday, 25 March 2010

Vintage Christmas


It's safe to say that in some ways I'm VERY late with this card - in fact I've passed the deadline for the Bah! Humbug! challenge which closed at 12pm GMT today but as this challenge was the main inspiration behind this card I'm linking it anyway. As soon as I knew that the theme was vintage, I wanted to use this image with a sepia feel - I just haven't had time to do it! I finally got around to it this morning and have used the lovely sketch at DP2. The image is "Boughs for the wreath" by Mo Manning and I've coloured the image with promarkers (cinnamon, satin, blush & vanilla for the most part and pastel beige for the footprints the little fella is looking at and added chalk to take the white from the paper. You can't see it too well in the photo, but I've added bits of glitter to the snowy area. The flower is the 3D short petal flower from Crafty Ann's painted with twinkling H2Os. I coloured white ribbon with gold promarker and the corners are cuttlebug dies cut from gold mirri card. The bp's are both from Crafty Ann's.

It might have taken some getting done but I'm really pleased that I finally did! Thank you for dropping by today.

18 comments:

  1. Worth the wait Ann, its gorgeous - love the way you've coloured the image
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, Thank you so much for sharing your card with us even though you missed the deadline for entries. It is well worth the visit.
    Now I must apologise because I somehow deleted your message rather than publish it - (seem to be having one of those days today where 'numpty is my middle name!) - however I have posted a message of apology in our comments and added your link so others can still come to see what you created, so hope you forgive me.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann - just ignore my last message as your post has miraculously reappeared! Think I'm going mad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, this is a stunning card. Your colouring is awesome. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Ann this is beautiful I love vintage and this is a wonderful example of what it is all about I love it.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love this image. Thanks for playing along with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful card love the image and the way you have coloured it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Ann, I love the sepia look
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann that's lovely oh why isn't christmas like that now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love what you did with this image....it looks so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love what you've done with this Ann, it's one of my (many) fave images from Mo!
    I wouldn't have thought of colouring in sepia tones, but it looks divine, it's given it a real vintage look, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann, what a wonderful card you have created. Love the overall tone of the card. Thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - lovely coloring and the photo corners are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Ann

    So sorry I am late with your comment.

    Wow, this is just gorgeous I love your card.
    Your colours and image are perfect for Vintage, and the cuttled corners - fab.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ann.. great card and perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's Digital Pencil. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful image.. I love the way you colored it for this challenge.. Great job Ann. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a sweet image! love this in all the browns!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Ann I love this card and the way you have used a sepia theme. Your colouring is superb.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x