Saturday, 20 March 2010

Paradise?

This has been a distinctly strange week. My poor hubby hasn't been well and it's thrown the whole week out. To cap it all the poor chap's had his birthday too! This is the card I made for him. I've created another shaped easel card - this time it's an oval in landscape mode. I kept it simple and used ivory stardream card and gold mirri. The image has been created using 3 stampscape stamps and gold detail ep. The design on the floor part of the easel was created using the cloud stamp and gold detail ep again. The gold mirri mats were put through the c/bug tiny mosaics folder. We've been watching the re-runs of Trevor McDonald's Secret Carribean that's being shown on ITV3 here in the UK and saying what a lovely dream it would be to be like Richard Branson and David Copperfield and have our own island and name a bay after ourselves, so I've written inside the card "The picture is of Whitfield Bay, somewhere in the Caribbean" - you never know, maybe one day!
I'm entering my card into two challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today, hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

12 comments:

  1. That is absolutely stunning Ann, love the idea behind it too. I hope it cheered hubby up and he is soon feeling better
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational card Ann. That shape looks fantastic as an easel card. Love your image. oh, it's making me dream of summer sunsets at the seaside. Fabulous work.
    Thanks for joining us at the OSCC.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Ann. Belated Happy birthday to Tom too Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww poor Tom, I hope he's feeling better now. That's a stunning card you've made for him Ann, I'm sure he appreciated it and as you say ... Whitfield Island ... maybe one day - just remember to invite your pals along!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your creation is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann - this is fabulous. I love your stampscapes and the gold ep is a great idea for the cloud texture. Fabulous card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, this card is beautiful. I love the use of the cloud stamp on the bottom part of the easel. Can I come visit Whitfield Island please as I am sooooooooooo desperately missing not seeing the sea!!! Hope your husband is well on the mend now. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card Ann and perfect for a male card, without being boring (didn't know that was possible!) I'm sure Tom loved it and the wonderful sentiment too and I love the look of the oval easel card
    Sending lots of 'get well soon' wishes to poor Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab easel card i bet your hubby loved it, hope he's feeling better now. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Ann, love the shape and the subject. Stunning. So glad you joined us at OSCC this week. Good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Ann this is soooo sumptuous....I love the scene and all the gold embossing...wonderful!!
    The oval shape is excellent.
    Look forward to a 'get together' on Whitfield Island :-)))
    Sending Get Well wishes to your hubby.

    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x