At Bah! Humbug! this week the theme is trees (I hope one on it's own will count) and I decided to use one of the new baubles from Crafty Ann's, the one with the bow on this occasion. I had decided that the bow, ornaments and bp would be red - so far so good. Then I went in search of a sketch and found the lovely one by Pinky at Cute Daisy May - and it's at this point that things changed! I think the challenge setters out there must have spotted that most of my Christmas cards this year have red as the main colour and conspired to get me out of the red rut because I found:
- The Pink Elephant - want us to add green
- The cuttlebug spot - say that green is the new black
- Pile it on - Lucky Me - interpret how you will, perhaps use green
- Winter Wonderland - monchromatic
- Crafty Creations - all one colour
- CCC - celebrations (christmas certainly is)
Now to what I've used:
- Tree ornament with bow coloured with promarkers and glittered with little crystals for the baubles
- embossed dots bp
- white cardstock through the swiss dots folder
- small petal 3D flower coloured with heavenly white twinkling H2Os for the petals and promarkers and twinkling H2Os for the centre. The sheen is gorgeous but you could also get the same effect by printing onto pearlescent card or paper. The leaves were coloured with promarkers and I decided to put a thin wash of heavenly white over the top but didn't like it so I wetted them again and used kitchen towel to take it back off. I did this twice and the result is a really nice slightly frosted look.
- Sliver satin ribbon
- BRAD - this was part of my spot prize given by the lovely girls at Bah! Humbug! while they were on their jollies in york - thank you girls, the rest of the prize will go to good use too.