Sunday, 14 March 2010

From Fab to Bah! Humbug!


I missed last week's Bah! Humbug! Challenge, I just had too much on :(

I'm making up for it this week though, I couldn't wait once I saw this week's theme which is to use at least 3 previous themes in combination. Let's start at the begining though - you'd probably never guess (?!?!?) but I'm really getting into easel cards so have been designing templates for them - this is number 3 and as soon as I saw how it came out, two things sprang to mind - Egyptian themes.....and Christmas. Then I saw the theme at Fab's Big Christmas Challenge for this week which is: Triangle card, stencilling or stamping - and of course I just had to use it! I haven't used any papers for this one, instead I've created my backgrounds using alcohol inks on semi glossy card then edged it using a gold pentouch pen. Unfortunately the photo doesn't show up just how lovely this looks in real life. The Merry Christmas is a rubber stamp by funstamps, stamped with brilliance pearlescent ivy which goes really well with the lettuce and pesto alcohol inks. The baubles are all from Crafty Ann's and have been coloured with promarkers and twinkling H2Os and then glitter added. This is how it fits with the Bah! Humbug! Challenge:
  • Re-cycling - the cardstock came as part of the packaging of some plumbing stuff hubby ordered so not strictly in keeping with the first challenge which was to recyle something from last year's cards - but it is recycled nonetheless so I hope it still counts.
  • New Stash - the ribbon and this is also the first outing for the snowman ornament
  • glitter - there's some on all three ornaments (and also on DH's sausages last night, but fortunately he wasn't wearing his specs and didn't notice!!)
  • Baubles - already mentioned
  • holly
  • snowmen
  • Trees
Well I reckon I managed 7 of them which is definitely more than three - phew! Great fun though.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Finally, I'll be popping the pdf template (freebie) for the card onto the Crafty Ann's group on SNR Card Universe. If you're not a member yet, why not join up? It's free, and there's loads of resources on there. Come and join the Crafty Ann's group and pick up not only this free pdf template but also those for the circular and octagonal easel cards too.

16 comments:

  1. Wow Ann an easel card and triangular too, very cool ! Thanks for playing my Christmas challenge. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann this card is wonderful. Ilove everything about it.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Ann, love the triangle easel card and what a great idea to use your alcohol inks instead of papers.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Ann you are amazing what a fabulous creation I wouldn't have thought for a moment you were into easel cards in a big way!!!!! lol great work

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Ann this really is a winner - totally fabulous. I love it to bits. Great idea and perfect for Fab's challenge and ours at Bah! Humbug! too. Lovely to see people combining in that way - I did with mine too.
    Didn't know about your group. Will have to join as soon as I have time.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really great card Ann.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ann

    Wow this is just gorgeous. I love your triangle easle card, the baubles are stunning.
    Congratulation on achieveing 7 elements.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange

    luv
    irene
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and clever card! Thanks for joining in the the challenge over on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh Ann, you're getting a dab hand at these different easel cards and this one is no exception. Well done you! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! Love the shape. Thanks for sharing your creative creation with us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Ann, what a great idea of a shape for an easel card it looks really good. Well done on using 7 previous themes.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Ann, the easel card even looks like a Christmas tree in your photo. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card and well done for managing to combine so many of our previous challenges. Thank you for joining us in our Bah! Humbug! challenge this week.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely Ann and I love the shaping of the easel. Great and very clever. Well done you. Thank you for sharing. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant Ann. The triangle shape screams Christmas trees at me. Love it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow--I've never seen a triangle easel card--I love it! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x