Thursday, 18 February 2010

A Tasty Recipe!

 

What fun I had making this card! It was one those that just seemed to push all the right buttons from the planning through the prep to making the finished article - and it's for 7 challenges to boot!
The first one is Cooking It Up With Katie and the recipe this time is: Something girly, paper peicing and at least 2 designer/patterned papers. Crafty Ann's is sponsorting Katie's challenge this fortnight so I thought I'd better make sure I used at least some CA stuff and as it turns out almost all of it is. All of the papers used are from the Polished Stone collections - the 2 dp's/bp's are from the pastels collection, the green for the stems is from the earth tones collection and the golden yellow for the daffodil heads is from the autumn tones collection. 

Having chosen the image and colours I wanted to use, I went in search of a sketch to get me going and found this lovely one at One Stop Craft. This is useful because I know how much I need of each colour before I print it off and could arrange the pieces onto one sheet in publisher ready to cut out and not only does this save ink, I'm not left with yet more to add to my scraps boxes (note the plural here!!) The only colouring medium used on this is the tiny bit at the top of the bud, and the cobalt blue promarker I used to change the colour of the 3 clear crystals. The pink 'ribbon' and bow were put through the swiss dots folder and the lower piece of blue bp was put through the textile folder which also gave it a lovely distressed effect.

I also took inspiration from these challenges:
  • Your Next Stamp - spring colours
  • Cute Daisy May - bright and cheerful
  • Digital Tuesday - All things girly (flowers, pink, gems....)
  • OCC - something old that's new.....dig out something that you've never used or not used for ages. This image was the very first Crafty Ann's digi stamp and I haven't used it for ages and I've never paper pieced it before
  • Pile it on - Let us see flowers! and at least one other challenge.
Katie is also looking for a DT, so while you're checking the prize out, why not check that out too?

Thank you for visiting today and for the wonderful, uplifting and much appreciated comments you leave me.

26 comments:

  1. Really nice card Ann:-) love the flowers! thanks for joining us at CDM this week
    XMichele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I DO like this Ann, those cuttlebugged papers look yummy and I love the way you've paper pieced the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab digi stamp Ann and wow it fits all those challenges. Cathy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Ann, I love the Daffodills, certainly a sign of Spring to me :)
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie and playing at CDM and PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the Daffodil Ann wish it was spring...looove the bow detail
    Thankyou for coming out to play with CDM this week
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah its gorgeous Ann, my favourite flower! Love this card, definitely bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing at CDM this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! I just love that daffodil image and the 3 rhinestones on the edge of the card. Thank you so much for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely Ann. Good luck with Katies challenge sponsorship.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those bright fresh colours Ann, a beautiful card
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Ann,lovely colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Ann, love the sketch and the colours you have chosen
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO glad you enjoyed working with my sketch, you certainly did a terrific job!
    Thanks so much for your contribution to our challenge at OSCC, hope to see you again next week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Ann this is gorgeous I have always loved the Daffodil image and the wonderful colours

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Laying out the papers before certainly saves lots of waste and as I often use digi scrapping downloads it allows me to rescale the papers to better suit cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really lovely card Ann. I always think daffodills are so cheerful after a long winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Ann, I love it, many thanks for joining us at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card fab image. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card! Great job on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ann, this is so lovely, the image and the colour combo are great, wonderful take on the sketch too. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. We hope you will join us again for the next challenge.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work Anna and the colours are fab! thanks for joining the CDM Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Anna! What could be more spring-like than daffodils! Love how you've teamed them with pink/blue colour combo - really makes those daffs pop! Thanks for joining our 'Spring Colours' challenge at Your Next Stamp Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Ann and love the design and details, the colours are beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May and we hope to see you again next week.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super card Ann, love the papers and the colours you have used and lovely image.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi ann
    gorgeous card luv the image, fabby colouring, great papers, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ann, I so love daffodils and these just look like you could pick them off the card. I love the polished stone backing papers.

    Congratulations on winning on the Bah! Humbug blog. I shall look forward to seeing what you do with your goodies.

    Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x