Friday, 26 February 2010

CACB Challenge # 9


Gosh! Challenge #9 at Crafty Ann's already - we're almost in double figures!! These fortnights seem to fly by - or is that a sign of age??? Don't answer that - it's just a rhetorical question........now, where was I? Oh yes - the challenge. This time we want to take you out of your comfort zone and encourage you to celebrate your creativity by trying a technique or product or fold/design that you've been shying away from or haven't done/used as often as you would like. It can be any project for any occasion and you don't have to use Crafty Ann's products to enter.

My card had a somewhat protracted labour - what I had in my head just didn't want to come out and in the end I did change it slightly but it did challenge me and I haven't given up yet on the other thing I had in mind so you may yet see that in the future. Since I started making easel cards, I've had a fancy for trying different shapes and wanted to do an octagonal one. I created a template for my robo for an octagonal card a while ago so used this to create my base and all my layers for it. This is my first octagonal easel card but it won't be my last, now that I've seen it in the flesh I really like it so will definitely do it again. I've just used one bp which is the Autumn crimson from the embossed stars autumn tones collection. I've used a large ball embossing tool to create a design around the edge of the gold mirror card mat that's behind the image - something I haven't done for ages, and never in the way I did it this time. The image is from the Violins sheet from Crafty Ann's and I laid the violin and bow over the sheet music before printing them off and coloured with promarkers and chalk. I've embellished with gold organza ribbon then mounted the matted image using 3D foam tape.

The sentiment on the base of the card has been stamped onto labels that I designed with the DM software and cut using the robo and again have been added to the card on the 3D foam tape. Some glitterations peel offs add a little extra bling.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for your visit today but do check out the other DT cards, they are gorgeous and I hope you'll come and play along too.

33 comments:

  1. Stunning Ann, I just love the romantic look of that sheet music with the violin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ann, love the nusual shape. Many thanks for joining in with us over on the Alphabet challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Ann love the shape of the card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Ann. Love this shape - I'm sure we'll be seeing lots more soon.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann this is fantastic - love it

    Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab shape for an easel card,thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining Incy Wincy With this lovely touchy Feely Project Good luck in the draw

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Ann with lovely detail and design, the colours are gorgeous.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab easel card, just adorable, Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week.
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Ann! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous Ann, I love it. I've actually made one of these and forgot to take a pic before I sent it. Silly me. Great idea about the coasters
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ann,

    Awesome card.
    Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shape on this card, so unusual and striking. thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks fab - a wonderful shape for an easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ann, this card is lovely, I love your violin image with the sheet music. Great shape too.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one gorgeous card Ann, love the violin and music image and the colours are lovely.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why does that happen, why do our heads have different ideas to what we end up with?! That said, I love the twist on the easel card, brilliant. Thanks for playing at Kaboodles. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very, very pretty card. Thanks for playing our Kaboodle Doodle challenge. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ann, what a lovely card and I like the effect of an octagonal easel card. I shall look forward to seeing what other shapes you come up with.

    Thank you for allowing me to be a Guest Designer this month. I have really enjoyed it – even if the second challenge well and truly took me out of my comfort zone. It’s been nice to see how everyone else interpreted the challenge and I’ve kept saying “why didn’t I think of that?”. Thanks for the opportunity.

    Take care and my best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so gorgeous, I love it. Beautiful fancy folds. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles. Hope to see you back for the next challenge. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorjus card hun love the image,thanks for joining us at incy hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cor!! This is gorgeous Ann.
    It has all come together so well - lovely image and beautiful colours.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute card Ann!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous card,
    love the shape of the easel card as well,
    Thanks for joining in the fun at kaboodle doodles this week,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  27. what an awesome card! love it :)
    thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab card Ann, I love the shape it is so cool. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fab card!! I love this shape this is a very stylish card!! I love it. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge this month. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  30. WONDERFULLY CREATIVE interpretation of the easel card - LOVE it!! Thanks so much for joining Kaboodle Doodles Challenge, come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card. Great shape and the image.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x