Friday, 15 January 2010

A Posy For You!



I can't believe that another fortnight has gone by already and we're already on to the second Crafty Ann's Challenge of the year! This time our theme is Embossing - dry, heat or both. This card is also for quite a few other challenges so here goes. I used the lovely sketch from PTW and made an easel card with it so have also used the sketch on the 'floor' part of the card. The image of the rosebud posy is brand new and deliberately so because it's for a special lady who is my card swap partner for this month and our theme was something new so I decided that you couldn't get much newer than something freshly drawn and I only finished this on wednesday evening which also makes it suitable for Creative Inspirations who want us to use something new that you've bought or been given after the new year so I'm hoping that my drawing still comes into this category, and Charisma Cardz who have given us permission to use anything at all that is new. Unfortunately, all this means that my partner will get to see it before she receives it because we've had more snow and I couldn't get out to the post box today and I know that she reads my blog - sorry Tess!

Crafty Creations want textures and Digital Tuesday want Embossing too. Theme Thursday want Hearts and ABC is L is for layers this week.

I've coloured the image with inktense pencils which I haven't used much for a while. The large bp is K & Co and the embossed hearts bp is Crafty Ann's. The gold card was put throught the cuttlebug and I've used a long neglected bit of stash around the edeges and to form the cross on the large piece of bp - beadazzles which gives lovely texture.

Phew - I think that's it - I hope you'll come and join us at Crafty Ann's for this challenge, we had a record number of entries for the last one and loved coming to see your creations.

21 comments:

  1. Ann, this is absolutely stunning. I am sure Tess won't worry about seeing it before she receives it, because I am sure in real life it will be even more stunning.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne

    Your card is stunning and beautiful I love the colours and what a great take on the challange.
    Gorgeous.

    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is gorgeous Ann - I'm really looking forward to using it.Love the colourway you've used and the gold layout.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image Ann and wonderful colours on this card. Such an uplifting feel to this card
    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Ann. I like the lo very much indeed. :)
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super job! so shiny!
    Thanks for joining us on ABC challenge Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Ann, love your posy and the embossing.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ann this a pure delight those lovely panels and that centre image it just looks magical.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. luv all the different embossing on your coloring is stunning,
    thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is so gorgeous, just love the yellow and wonderful texture. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. ABsolutely beautiful!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us on Crafty Creations with your beautiful work! Hope to see you back next time! :)

    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I had already posted on this card Ann? Sorry my mistake. I love the shape/colouring/layout and the subject of this card.
    Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It arrived this morning and it is just GORGEOUS!!!! Thank you so much Ann - you have made my day. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations - lovely card - great textures! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Ann. Love the rich golden colours you have chosen.
    Thank you for pointing out my error with 'Simples'. Hopefully have put it right now :o)_
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x