Monday, 4 January 2010

Love is in the air!



It is at Cute Daisy May Challenge anyway! It's the first challenge of the new year and Linnie has come up with some fabulous new images to get us off to a great start. This one is from sheet  133 and I had a bit of a fight with myself to decide whether to use the birds or this one first - as you can gather this one won!

I'm not one for making resolutions but I am determined this year to use up some of the stash of card and paper that I could use to stock a shop! We'll see what happens because despite having upmteen drawers of the stuff I had such a job to get designs I liked in colours that went together! Has designing my own made me lazy I wonder?????? Anyway, onto the card - the two smaller bps are K&Co and the larger piece was one I've had in my stash since the crafting year dot I think so can't remember it's origins. The photo doesn't do it justice though, it has a beautiful irridescence to it and is rather less purple than it looks on here. I decided to keep it simple and have edged all the pieces of bp with glitterations peel offs but otherwise have kept embellies to a minimum - bearing in mind that anniversary cards usually go to a man as well as a woman. I've coloured the image with coloursoft pencils.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Papertake Weekly - who provided the lovely sketch
Incy Wincy Designs - Bling it up! (I need no excuse for that!!)
Stamp Something - New (the CDM image)
ABC - K is for kissing
Charisma Cardz - Celebrations

I hope you'll pop over and check out the other DT cards at CDM Challenge then join in with us for the opportunity to win some of these lovely new images.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Ann I loved this one when I first saw it and it is just beautiful that image is gorgeous, I am sorry to say I am not making any New Year resolutions to do with crafting because I know I will fail (I already have lol) I can't help it I just love getting new things lol.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card and image
    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Ann and I like you I just adore this new image of Linnie's, love your colours and the sdilver works so well.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely image Anne thanks for joining incy wincy

    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann!
    This is such a sweet image! Beautiful card, love all that sparkles & shines!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Ann and beautiful colours.
    I think we all have bits and pieces of paper to use, I know I do. Yours have come together perfectly
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card and wonderful coloring of the images. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card.Love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck with the blog hop. Happy New year!!
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh what a gorgeous card Ann, love the colours.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The image is cute and the papers you have used I like a lot - mainly 'cos I've got that plaid stuff myself. Great card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ann this is an amazing piece of work..yes yes yes lets use our stash we must all try harder to use up our goodies...
    luv linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at our Charisma Cardz Birthday Blog Hop Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just so Sweet :)
    Thanks for Joining Incy Wincy this Week
    Hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is so pretty!!!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy Designs!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the BLING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable is this :)

    Thank you for joining us over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Anne

    What a fabulous card, I love the colours and layout, and your colouring is wonderful. Just perfect for an Anniversary card.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fantastic card,

    I hope you had a lovely christmas and new year, thank you for joining us on abc this time

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh how cute is this. That image is gorgeous.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card - I;m also going to try and use the mountain of DP paper I have this year, that way I will have room for MORE,
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww sweet image love it,colours are great
    ermm ok i been trying to use up all my stash for last few months,not doing very well yet Ann!!
    Happy New year to you
    Wendy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. How sweet! What a fun image to use! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something this week!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ann another fantastic card to start the year off. I love the image and the layout. I know what you mean about using up scraps I have boxes everywhere bulging with bits and pieces. I suppose we will all have to start thinking about Valentines day soon. Lol!!! Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable! Love the cute image and the shimmery accents. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x