Friday, 1 January 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



I'd like to start this post by wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2010.

It's lovely to be starting our first Crafty Ann's Challenge of the year on the first day of the year and for this fortnight our theme is:


"Challenge #5 - New Year, New Inspiration - Be inspired by something new - new stash for christmas, a new technique or a new idea you've picked up while blog hopping and tell us what the new bit is."

I've taken inspiration from a few places starting with Tess (Crafty Tess) who contacted me and asked if I would consider adding a Classical/Spanish guitar to my digi stamp collection. This I've duly done and this is it's first outing - by me anyway so that makes the digi stamp new.  I've also taken inspiration from The Pink Elephant who have given us a choice of two lovely sketches for this week's challenge. The one I've chosen to use could have been created for what I wanted because it feels perfect not only for this digi stamp but also the fact that the card is for a man. The backing papers are from three of my own collections (polished stone - earth tones, embossed stars - earth tones and abstract 2 - autumn tones.) I've coloured the image with coloursoft pencils and used both the blender and burnisher pencils with them. Next time I use a silver gel pen on the frets I'll also use a ruler though - I promise they are straight on the digi stamp!! The two tier flower is from an elusive images set and embossed with detail gold ep. I chose it because it isn't too 'girly'. The gold mirri mat has been put through the c/bug music folder. It's also ideal for Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week as Cynthia wants "new"MTTC who have very obligingly given us a free hand with "Anything Goes" and Pile it on who have two challenges running just now with the option of entering one or both. The one I'm entering is "Anything Digital".

I hope you'll pop over and join us for this challenge, we do love to see your creations and it's well worth checking out the Design Teams offerings - they are just fabulous and we also have Ali & Jenny, our GDT members for January who have really pulled the stops out for us.

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Ann.
    A beautiful creation to start off your 1st 2010 challenge.
    You have put so many techniques together to make your card. Love your new Digi Stamp, will check it out.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guitar is just perfect. How good does it feel to have my own stamp designer!!! Super card Ann. Happy New Year to you and yours. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a fabulous new creation it is too Ann. Happy New Year to you and Tom and thanks for all your support Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card great for a teenager happy new year from MTTC hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. just love this Ann. That gold embossing really makes the guitar stand out. Just fab.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Ann. Challenge #5 already. Where does the time go? This guitar is brilliant and I love your choice of colours on this one too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card!! Love the guitar!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Ann, the guitar is excellent xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Ann, love the colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week. Happy New Year to you too.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a nice card! i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Thank you for playing with Pile it on this week hope you join us again.

    Jennifer PIO DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab start to the New Year Ann, I can't believe it is challenge #5 already. Cathy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ann, this is lovely. My DH loved it a lot too, he loves his guitars, so he thought this was the coolest card ever!

    Thanks for playing @ Pile It On!
    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x