Monday, 11 January 2010

Flowers and Ribbon



I had doubts about whether this card would come to fruition - I've known what I wanted to do for this Cute Daisy May Challenge which is Flowers and Ribbon ever since I saw this image but struggled for time all last week then developed a yukky head cold on Friday and spent Saturday feeling like I was trying to trudge through porridge. I got here in the end though and I'm pleased with the result. Several other challenges have inspired me too so I'll let you know what they are as I go along starting first of all with this lovely and unusual sketch from Friday Sketchers. When I first saw it, I wasn't too sure but I love how it makes the image really take centre stage. I took the colour scheme from Charisma Cardz which is Pink Brown Cream Toffee and Cute Card Thursday and Fussy and Fancy Friday both want us to use something new, which in my case is the Cute Daisy May image. The Pink Elephant is celebrating Birthdays and last but certainly not least, Rainbow Lady is urging us all to recyle this week and the ribbon I've used on here is from a box of chocolates.

I'm still keeping up with using up some of my humungous stash of card and papers - the main pink paper I've had for so long that I can't remember just how long and the two brown pieces are my own but are scraps I'm using up.

Daisy has been added digitally to one of my own frames - it just seemed perfect for her showing off her pretty dress, and I've decoupaged the flowers. I've used both inktense pencils and twinkling H2Os to colour the image.

I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge at CDM, we love to visit your blogs to see your entries and you could be in with a chance of winning a blinkie for your blog and a sheet of images of your choice.

23 comments:

  1. Ooh Daisy May looks so cute there Ann. Lovely card, hope the cold feeling better, thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Ann love this layout and style of card - just fabbie.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Ann, gorgeous colours and such a sweet image.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the backing sheet and the colours.
    Me thinks Daisy is a favourite with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Ann the colours and design are gorgeous, lovely detail and papers.Hope your feeling better soon.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daisy looks so sweet sitting there the layout is just perfect for that image.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your feeling better today.

    Hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Anne this is a gorgeous card, it doesn't look like you struggled with it. Doreen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Ann, love your image and the colours you have chosen.
    Hope you are feeling better today.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love that pink embossed paper.

    Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card! Wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Ann this is stunning those papers look delicious and your design is truly awesome as is Daisy May.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks so comfy in that frame and she is so sweet. Lovely card Ann.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This just gorgeous Ann, love that sketch, and how clever to use it on the easel card
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute LAyout. Love the color combo. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect card. Love that adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely card
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely card fab image & those papers are gorgeous lots of texture love it. thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy challenge.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty. Love the way you used the layout and the wonderful colors, textures, and the darling image perched there!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is lovely Ann.
    Sweet DM looks so well sitting on your frame.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful easel card!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

    Sheri
    TPE DT

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x