Sunday, 24 January 2010

Floral Fun


 


This is the second of the 3D Flower digi stamps from Crafty Ann's and is another one that I enjoyed painting and cutting out in front of the TV. I decided to move myself out of my comfort zone colour wise with this one because for some reason I don't seem to think of using blue for flower cards.  I've used the lovely sketch from Stamp with fun and am also putting it into Raise The Bar which is a new challenge to me and the theme there is to use something you were given as a gift. My gift (from my adorable hubby) was the cuttlebug and the die I used for the 3 small sqares. I discovered ages ago that when I forgot to use the piece of card I use as a shim, the die doesn't cut completely but leaves a lovely embossed look so that's what I do sometimes - it makes a change and makes my die twice as useful! All of this makes it suitable for Cooking it up with Katie  - non human image, add texture and use something new (the image) so I'm adding it as a second entry.

Another new challenge to me is Fab 'n' Funky who have the colour combo blue, white and green this week. I coloured the flowers with Whispers strokes pens and used twinkling H2Os over the top to get the colour I wanted. The photo isn't showing the true colour which is more of a forget-me-not blue and because I created the twinkling H2Os part out of 4 colours, I'll never be able to repeat it exactly that's for sure! The blue cardstock and vellum that has blue cloud like areas have both been in my stash since the crafting year dot so I'm keeping up with my resolution to use it up and the bits of silver mirri are from my scraps box - can you see my halo shining?

Thank you for your visit today.

17 comments:

  1. Ann this is double gorgeous - I loved the one for the PInk Elephant challenge that I saw earlier but this is tons nicer. It's just beautiful.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    I love this just as much as the other!
    I'm amazed at how beautiful the image is and you did a fabulous job with it.
    Thanks for Cooking It Up (again) With Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, gorgeous card and I love your choice of blue for the flowers.
    You are clever designing your digi images.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these two cards Ann, so much so that I have been to your shop and bought the 3d flowers and the rosebud and posy digi stamps, but I doubt I will manage to get the fabulous finish you have achieved when painting them
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card. The flowers and papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann this is heavenly those flowers, the colours are awesome and the embossing is a perfect backdrop for these beauties I love it

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Ann and the blue flowers are amazing. Well done you for the designs. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a really pretty card, the flowers are gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card,the flowers are stunning,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, a gorgeous card Ann.
    Great design and I do love the flowers...the colour is beautiful

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab flowers, thanks for joining our challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww what a sweet hubby to gift you that CB folder! The squares are perfect embellishments, this is such a happy card and makes me wish Spring were a bit closer. Have a wonderful day and thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful creation! Love the dimension you've achieved on this lovely work-of-art!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! We do hope you'll come back next week for even more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is another gorgeous card Ann. The flower is fab and I really like the colours and the layout.
    beeryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful card, which I like better thank the pink one. I love how you have torn and used the vellum

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another gorgeous card Ann, the flowers look beautiful in blue.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving these flower cards Ann but this one is particularly striking.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x