Friday, 29 January 2010

Christmas is everywhere!


I'm late with my post this morning peeps - sorry about that. It's already time for Crafty Ann's Challenge #7! This time the theme is metallic and this can be metallic colours, card, paper, metallic embellishments or altered metallic items and can be any project for any occasion. My occasion is Christmas, for a couple of reasons - I missed challenge #2 on Bah! Humbug! so wanted to catch up and because I wanted to use this image to try out a technique I'm learning. I'm indebted to Ali for the inspiration here - this lady is an absolute whizz with PSP and on her GDT card this week she has used Electric Guitar 2 and given it a fabulous metallic look by colouring it in PSP and printing onto glossy paper. Now, I don't have PSP, but do have Adobe CS3 and have barely used it other than to sort out photos in photoshop to compensate for my lousy photography. So this week, I sat with some of the training videos and have made a tentative start with Illustrator. To take you through the card, the image is the Christmas tree hanging bauble from Crafty Ann's and I have coloured it entirely in illustrator and am rather pleased with the chrome look on the stand, considering that it's my first attempt and I have a humungous way to go!!! I layered this image onto red polished stone paper from the brights collection. I did this digitally so just made the bp the size I wanted it to be, haven't added any more red to my bits box and didn't waste ink. I've enjoyed doing this and will experiment some more because I think having images ready coloured will come in handy when time is of the essence, but for me, nothing beats sitting down and doing my own colouring by hand.

The silver and gold mirri cards came from my scraps boxes and have been put through two different c/bug folders and the whole card has been finished with gltterations peel offs and gold metallic ribbon. I've also made it for these challenges:

Bah! Humbug! - baubles
Fab's Big Christmas Challenge - snowflakes
Mojo Monday - Sketch, which I turned round to suit my image
Pile it on - warm wishes
Alphabet Challenge Blog - N is for new (new technique)

Thank you for your visit today, and I do hope you'll come and join us at Crafty Ann's this week - as usual there's a prize and we do love to visit your blogs and see your lovely interpretations of the challenge.


16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Ann. Well done on your digital colouring, it's perfect that stand looks just like polished stainless steel.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Ann. Thank you for playing my Christmas challenge. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Ann lovely detail with the metalica card and the imageis gorgeous.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love all the different textures! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Ann you have made a marvellous job of the lampstand in particular for only beginning this sort of thing. I wouldn't have the first clue. LOL
    It's lovely.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ann

    What a fantastic card, you are clever. I love the image and you chosen colours, and do I detect a little cuttling.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Bah!Humbug.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Adobe CS that I've got and I'm looking forward to getting to grips with it now you've given me that link. This ones fab.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah this is great - gosh that metallic look on the stand is so clever. Well done on guessing the challenge at Bah! Humbug! - everyone else thought of other themes.
    Will be doing some metallic work for your challenge soon - my thinking cap is on.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Ann this is one very expensive looking card loving what you have done with the centre piece it is brilliant love that embossing.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Ann the metalic look on the stand is superb.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love this image!

    Great list of combined challenges!

    Thanks for joining us at PIO!

    Hugs Tanja
    (PIO DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card/image and colouring. It looks so realistic. Cathy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card - such a cool technique to pre-colour images.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing Ann,arnt you clever using your cs3. You have made the image look "so real" Really must have another play myself WHEN i get 5 mins to myself,i envy you all having time to play..LOL
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card, love the colouring and mirri card. Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ann, Great card, the colouring looks fantastic, looks like real chrome on your stand, especially the relections on it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x