Saturday, 23 January 2010

3D Daisy





This is one of those cards that I really enjoyed creating. Almost everything on it is mine - the only bits that aren't are the peel offs and the gold mats. I've been inspired by 3 challenges for this one. Digital Tuesday has supplied the sketch, Cooking it Up With Katie has supplied the recipe which is: use a non-human image, add some texture and use a product you've never used before which can be the image and last but not least, Incy Wincy Designs want us to use our favourite colouring medium.

The image is a brand new digi stamp from Crafty Ann's and is the 3D Daisy/Gerbera. It comes with two leaves so that you can choose which one you want your flower to be when you make it. I decided on a daisy this time. My colouring medium is twinkling H2Os which is my favourite medium of the moment and I love the effect here. The bps are from the embossed dots earth tones collection and a sheet I created with alcohol inks. I put the white card behind the flower though a c/bug folder for extra texture (I could have entered it into the current Crafty Ann's Challenge - but that would be cheating! lol!!).

I know there are lots of lovely fabric flowers out there, but sometimes I just like to have done as much of the card myself as I can and I had such a lovely time sitting in front of the TV painting and cutting this one out.

Thank you for your visit today and the much appreciated comments you leave me.

9 comments:

  1. what can I say other than gorgeous Ann. Fab new images Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Ann these are totally fabulous in fact brilliant oooooo can't wait to use these beauties.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this makes such a wonderful focal point Ann. This flower is gorgeous and the leaves are perfect.Fabulous card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, Cynthia's reply says it all, just gorgeous. Off to check you latest images
    Love Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann,
    I simply love it!
    So much dimension to it, beautiful image, wonderful card!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Ann this is just fabulous
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm playing catch up too Ann. You have so many fantastic cards since I last popped in. Just love your new daisy, going to play later!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann this is just gorgeous, love the daisy and the colour you have used on it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Ann

    This stunning and beautiful - I love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x