Tuesday, 15 December 2009

What's New Pussy Cat?


Originally published on wordpress April 21st 2009


This the second card of my ‘thinking outside the box’ mode that I mentioned in yesterday’s post.  It’s for two challenges that are new to me, Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge and Saturday Surprise, which is songs and music. I used the cuttlebug music embossing folder on the base mat and also on the silver mirror card. The patterned bp is Artylicious. The image is one of my own digi stamps and is available here. There is a story behind this digi stamp – we love to feed the birds and often have a garden full of them. The only trouble is that a couple of the neighbourhood cats (very large toms) have cottoned on! We have nothing against cats but it does seem somewhat cruel to feed the birds only to make them cat fodder, so OH has cleared out the bits of the garden that they used as hiding places so that they could creep up on the birds and when he’d finished he said “well there’s only one place left for them to hide now and that’s in your unmentionables!” I’d like to point out at this stage that the cat in the image is a kitten and I’d like to think that my unmentionables couldn’t house a large tom cat!! I coloured the image with inktense pencils and sponged the background with brilliance sky blue ink. The flowers have been water coloured with a sakura purple stardust pen and the scalloped mat cut out with the robo. I’ve just realised that this one also fits the MTTC challenge this week which is metallica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x