Tuesday, 15 December 2009

S Is For Birthday??


Originally published August 11th 2009

This card is for my sister’s birthday and 3 challenges (although I personally have doubts about the legality of baby sisters actually being allowed to turn 40 at all – but we’ll let that pass!!)
It’s a flip card with a stair fold on the inside.  I’ve kept it simple but fairly tactile – my sister has no problems with her eyesight but as far as she’s concerned the more tactile the better. I’ve used white pearlescent and gold mirri card for everything except the image inside. The image is one of my own digi stamps – tropical beach and has been coloured with coloursoft pencils. Her very own tropical island – this one is called Margaretique lol!! The challenges it’s for are:
Rainbow Lady – S is for…….in this case it’s scene
Stamp with Fun – Birthday
Pile It On – No pattern paper and combining with at least one more challenge.
I really enjoyed making the card but won’t tell you how long I struggled to get photos of it and I’m still not really satisfied with them but as I needed to get the card in the post, they’ll have to do. Thank you for your visit today and for the comments you leave, they are all much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x