Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Let It Snow.......Maybe!


Originally published November2009

…or then again, maybe not!! Those of you living in the UK are no doubt very familiar by now with the small market town of Cockermouth (hitherto best known for being the birth place of the poet William Wordsworth) because of the unprecedented floods seen here and in other parts of Cumbria. Although I moved 25 miles away from there 2 years ago, it’s my home town and I still have family and friends there so have been spending most of my time over the last few days either glued to sky news or on the phone to my sister. Everyone is safe but it’s been a real shock.
Last night I decided to make a couple of cards to distract myself and I’m showing you one today and one tomorrow. This one is for 5 challenges. The Sketch is from Stampin’ for the Weekend (I hope I’ll be forgiven for moving the sentiment) and the colour scheme comes from Digital Tuesday Challenge which is purple and white + sliver or gold.
I’ve used purple pearlescent paper and silver mirri card both of which have been put through cuttlebug folders. the sentiment is a See D’s stamp embossed with silver detail powder and the snowman is a Crafty Ann’s digi stamp coloured with whispers strokes pens and crystal glitter. Anita’s silver glitterations peel offs add the finishing touch. I’m also entering this card into these three challenges:
Allsorts – A Christmas Carol or song title…..Frosty the Snowman!
One Stop Crafts – Snowflakes
Crafty Creations – Metal or Metallic finishes.
Thank you for dropping by today and for all the lovely comments you leave me and if you enjoy challenges do pop by my new one at Crafty Ann’s Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. I can see why everyone raves about the bug, those that have one, it really does make those backing sheets stand out. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x