Sunday, 20 December 2009

Last for this year?


Click on image to enlarge

Well I hope this is my last Christmas card for this year anyway! It's for my sister and her family and of all the people I make cards for, my sister and her twins who are 8, are the most satisfying. They really appreciate them and the work that goes into them. The twins are wonderful little crafters in their own right (I got them into it while they were still babies!!) and love all my projects so it was a delight watching their pleasure when I gave them this yesterday. I've made it for 6 challenges starting with the wonderful sketch at Mojo Monday. The backing papers are my own from the polished stone brights collection and the embossed dots earth tones collection and the image was created using the snowman and oval holly frame digi stamps - all of them available from Crafty Ann's. As you can see, I've had a field day with the glitter and where I haven't used glitter, I've used twinkling H2Os so there's a lovely sheen and sparkle to this card which my sis loved. I've also used glitterations borders.
The other challenges I'm entering this into are:
Tanda Teaser - It's cool to be square - this one is a 20cm square easel card (they hadn't seen one of these before so it was quite entertaining watching them work it out!!)
Simon Says - Merry Christmas
DU2DS - Last minute Christmas card - well this one is even more last minute that the other one I entered so I couldn't resist entering again!
Stamp Something - A holiday themed card
OCC - Let it snow - rather apt as it is snowing as I type this and am very grateful that we visited sis and family yesterday.

16 comments:

  1. Great card Ann! I'm glad that is was so well received, makes all the effort worthwhile!

    Thanks for joining in the the Tanda Teaser this week!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner Ann!
    Your glitter always looks so rich, my card sparkles so much I just love it (you know I can never have too much!)
    Isn't it wonderful when you have someone who really appreciates the love put into a handmade card? my aunt and uncle are the same, and it's always a pleasure making their cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Ann and I know all your hard work will be appreciated. I know not everyone appreciates how much work we put into these cards. Cathy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Ann - what a happy smiley snowman. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Ann - love that snowman and the glitter is glitteratious (that means super good). Wish I had done my last but I've just made a you know what of one and will have to start again!

    Maybe by Boxing Day!

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Ann. I'm not surprised they were thrilled with it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning last Christmas card Ann I do love this easel card design and you have made this one look extra special.

    Big hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ann

    What a fabulous easel card. Sorry I've not been commenting but I've had problems with your other blog and pleased you have returned to Blogger. Almost lost your blog !!!! Love the colours, snowman and cuttling.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Ann, no wonder the children loved it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ann

    Thank you so much for becomming a follower of Bah!Humbug Challange Blog we appreciate this very much. Looking forward to seeing your cards in the challanges.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great entry for DU2DS this week, thanks for playing out at our blog.
    Hope 2010 brings you all you would wish for yourself
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card with a really sweet snowman! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute! fun sparkle! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Stamp Something!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card and such a cute snowman. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great last minute card Ann. Not surprised the children loved it. Thanks for joining us with our last challenge of 2009. New 'Dare' this Friday.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x