Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Day Trip


Originally published on wordpress August 2009

I’ve had this in mind for about 3 weeks! It’s for our card swap on the Creating Rainbows Forum and our brief this month was anything BUT a card and this has been such fun to make. I decided to go for a wall hanging and I love how Linnie draws the Cute Daisy May images in different positions which gives lots of scope for using them. Here I’ve combined 4 images from sheets 46, 54 & 71 although there are lots of others I could have chosen. I hope they’re enjoying their day out but I think I’d better keep an eye on the little one on the bridge because she looks somewhat out of her comfort zone to me! I’ve added them to one of my own scenic digi stamps and this little ’snapshot’ has been framed behind one of the new frames I’m working on. I’ve used a variety of media to colour this project – coloursoft with and without baby oil, inktense, distress ink, brilliance ink and sakura pens.  I’ve decoupaged the flowers in the corner of the frame although they are an instrinsic part of the frame so I didn’t actually need to.
I’m entering my wall hanging into these challenges:
Cute Card Thursday – Lazy Dayz
Theme Thursday – Seasons
Truly Scrumptious – anything but a card
The Pink Elephant – summer
Our Creative Corner – a colour challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x