Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Crafty Ann's Challenge #3



Originally published on wordpress December 2009

Good Friday morning everyone – a whole fortnight has gone by since the last Crafty Ann’s Challenge and it’s already time for a new one! This week, we’d like to see TEXTURE on your work. As usual, you can make any project you like, using anything you like. I’m having a very difficult time with my back and sciatic nerve at the moment which severely limits my crafting so am still in Christmas mode – although that’s not the case for all the DT so do check out what they’ve come up with (they manage to blow me away every time!)
I’ve gone for both real and faux texture on mine and have finally attempted my first easel card! I’ve used the red  embossed stars paper from the brights collectionwhich is the faux part of the texture and edged it with Fool’s Gold glitter on narrow dst. I’ve embossed the Holly Frame digi stamp using gold super sparkle ep and decoupaged the holly and berries. Both the holly and the bear have been painted using a mixture of Twinkling H2Os and Distress inks. The BP behind the bear is one I’ve just been working on and will find it’s way onto the website as soon as I’m up to sitting to do it. The one I’ve used here is stone from the earth tones collection but it doesn’t show too well in the artificial light. I’ve added texture to this too by putting it through the c/bug swiss dots folder.
As my crafting is so limited at the moment, I had a look to see how many other challenges I can support with this card and am entering it into the following:
Crafty Calendar – Winter Sparkle
Stamp with Fun – Christmas
DU2DS – Red, Green and Neutral of your choice
Saturday Spotlight – Hats On
Digital Tuesday – Christmas Sparkle
Thank you for your visit today and I really hope you’ll join us at Crafty Ann’s this fortnight – once again there is a prize of two digi stamps and one backing paper collection (which is 6 sheets of paper) of your choice. If you entered the last one, don’t forget to pop over and see if you won it – also there is the GD announcement for January and we’re looking now for February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x