Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Cat That Got The Cream


Originally published on wordpress May 15th 2009

This card is for my SIL, who gained her Phd last week.  At the weekend she said that she’d spent the previous 2 days grinning like a cheshire cat which promptly put the above image in my head! It means that she’s had to wait for her card because I had to draw it first and my back hasn’t wanted to play ball this week so I haven’t got anything much done of anything but I’ve got there and I hope she’ll think it worth waiting for!
You could be forgiven for thinking that I’ve got stuck in this kind of peacock blue shade just recently but I’ve taken the colours from those of her university (where she also works as a lecturer). The main bp is one of my own and the rest is from my stash. It’s an 8×8 card which meant I could have Dr Cat a good size (one of the big pluses of digi stamps is being able to re-size them easily.) The white card behind the cat topper has been put through the ‘bug argyle folder and the scallop border was cut out with the robo. Dr Cat and the scroll images were painted with twinkling H2Os.


I used the sketch from the current Sketch and Stash challenge and the new item is my Dr Cat digi stamp which also makes it perfect the the Animal Antics challenge at PTW.
Hope you like Dr Cat and thank you for your visit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x