Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Bridge Over Not So Troubled


Originally published on wordpress April 29th 2009

Some of you are aware that I’m very fond of creating scenic cards with stampscape and create a scene stamps – I put it down to being fortunate enough to spend my life in the lake district! The main reason I bought the stamps is because I honestly thought I’d never be able to create my own from scratch. However my recent forays into drawing have encouraged me to try and you can see the result above – you can probably guess where my inspiration came from!! I have turned it into a digi stamp which is on the website. It is a complete scene so all you need to do is add colour in whichever way you choose – perfect for those of you who say you wouldn’t know where to start with the stamps!
The trees on the digi stamp are naked branches so that you can use the picture for any season you wish. I created the leaves on the trees by stippling two shades of brilliance ink – the paler one from the peacock pad and pearlescent ivy, and the sky with brilliance pearlescent sky blue. The rest of the scene was painted with twinkling H2Os. I added the birds afterwards with a grey pen.
The flourish stamp is one of my absolute favourites by umount and the small flower blossoms are from the blossoms digi stamp sheet and have been coloured with twinkling H2Os and sakura stardust purple. The centres are yellow dimensional paint and the sentiment is from a papermania set I bought at the weekend. The frame was cut out using the robo.
I’m entering this card into three challenges:
Thank you for your visit today and I hope you like my first foray into scenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x