Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Baby Aaaaahhhhh!!


Originally published on wordpress September 2009

It’s monday and that means that it’s Cute Dasiy May Challenge time again and Net has given me the push to get ahead of myself this week. :-)   The theme is ‘baby’ and as we don’t seem to have any new ones in the offing in the near future I decided to make our youngest Granddaughter’s first birthday card ready for next May!!
I have to say that this photo is the best of a bad bunch, this card looks much better IRL – but I suppose that’s what you get when you use white pearlescent card, guilded ivory emossing powder and white sparkly peel offs!  I decided to use a spring card and then took it a stage further and added two tiny ones for the animals. If you’d like the instructions for this type of card, along with an oval shaped variation, you’ll find them here. You  get the best results if you use a good card weight – in this case the card I used is 300 gsm. I made it from a sheet of A4 and the two small ones came from the piece I cut off so it was all from the one sheet. The measurements for the two small cards are 3cm x 6cm and I made them so that I could have the stuffed toys sitting upright. I love how it looks like Daisy is playing that game so beloved of babies of throwing her toys from the high chair for Mum or Dad to pick up lol! Daisy is from sheet 90 and the animals are from sheet 40.
I’ve coloured the images with Derwent coloursoft pencils and a sakura clear stardust pen. The diamond and base of the card have been stamped with a creative expressions corner flourish stamp and embossed with guilded ivory sparkle and sprinke embossing powder. The only other embellishments are the ribbon and the pink pearls. (I’d be lost if someone took my ribbons and pearls away!!)
I’m also entering my card into these challenges:
Digital Tuesday - It’s all about the kids
Stamp Something – Favourite embellishment (I’ve used two so I hope that’s ok)
Wednesday Stamper – open theme
I hope you’ll pop over to the Cute Daisy May Challenge blog and join in with us this week, we do enjoy visiting your blogs and don’t forget that you don’t have to use a Cute Dasiy May image to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x