Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Another Year Already!


Originally published on wordpress 18th June 2009

It’s hard to believe that it’s a whole year since I shared this card for our Grandson with you, but it is! He is at music college and a guitarist so it’s variations on a theme – any suggestions for his 18th next year will not go unappreciated!! For this year, I’ve gone down the gold disc route and have drawn the electric guitar (which will be on Crafy Ann’s as a digi stamp soon.)
As an avid rubber stamper, I didn’t really think that digi stamps would be my ‘thing’ and I have Linnie to thank for my conversion. One of the things I really like about digi stamps is being able to decide what size I want it to be. In this case, I’ve gone for an 20cm square card so needed the image to be fairly large as it was to be the focal point. I’ve used coloursoft pencils along with the blender and burnisher pencils and sakura stardust pens to colour it.  I decided to keep the rest of the colour scheme simple with black and gold. The two black panels were put through the swiss dots folder then accented with a card ‘ribbon’ and a satin ribbon to keep it masculine. The sentiment and Josh’s name were cut out of the same gold card using an x-cut alphabet set in my cuttlebug. I hope he likes it as much as he did last year’s. I’m entering it into these challenges:
Stamp with fun – Dots
The Cuttlebug Spot – Father’s Day/Masculine projects
Pile it on – 2 different ribbons and at least one other challenge
Created by Hand – Free Choice
Simon Says – Let’s celebrate (the blog is celebrating it’s first birthday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x