Sunday, 5 April 2009

What my hands mean to me


Click on image to enlarge

The card I'm sharing with you today is for two challenges, Rainbow Lady's challenge which this week is "Hands" and the sketch for the brand new challenge, Dare you to Digi stamp which was launched on friday.
Like most people, I tend to take my hands for granted, but they are what allow me to bring my creativity into a physical presence and, as a Spiritual Healer, they are my channel for the Healing Energy. Healing doesn't just have value when a condition can be cured, it also has immense value in improving the quality of life for people who have chronic or terminal illnesses and there are few things, if any, to beat the satisfaction of helping someone so I decided to make a card to celebrate this particular way I use my hands.
The lighter blue bp is one of my own designs and the navy one has been in my stash for so long that I haven't a clue from whence it came. The heart, dove and sentiment are all rubber stamps but the hands are one of my own drawings (of my own hand!!) that I have turned into a digi stamp and coloured with coloursoft pencils and baby oil. The two mats behind the hands I designed and cut out using the robo.
Thank you for stimulating my creativity yet again Cynthia and thank you all for your visit today.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Ann, you really should start to sell your drawings they are soooo good. I know of at one person who would buy from you. I also love the mats you have made. Played with my robo today,
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Ann. I should use this on your healing website if I were you. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann...beautiful card,love the image and created by yourself,very clever :0),great take on the sketch,thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
    Take care
    San xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, this is a beautiful card. We do take hands for granted until we meet someone who is lacking one. One of my friends was born with only one complete arm. It's amazing what she can do, but I think of how there are things we need two for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, peaceful and serene card you have created. Beautiful choice of colours and your digi-stamp is perfect.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous interpretation of the challenge Ann - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ann I love your creativity and this card is lovely and expressive. I love your comments they mean so much to me.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Ann. Your drawing is great - you should set up a digi-stamp business!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Ann you are just so talented - your drawings are amazing. You should be going to my art class instead of me and then the poor guy would not be tearing his hair out each Wednesday!

    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so beautiful Ann, and you are so right ,we do take our hands for granted. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Ann, and your drawing, as usual, is terrrific. You are so talented at drawing.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ann

    Your card is so serene, and gorgeous. I love the colours, and your drawing is fantastic.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have drawn the hands yourself? Perfect! Love your card for the challenge!

    Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card and your interpretation of the sketch challenge this week is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely serene card and image. You are so talented and should go into business in a big way. You probably wouldn't enjoy it as much if you did though. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and how lovely to feature your own digi stamp.
    Thanks for koining us this week at DU2DS
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic Anne you are so talented
    thanks for joining the DU2DS this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Not only is it a beautiful card, I absolutely LOVE that it is your own digi image design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card, I love the colours and the hads look amazing.
    Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great thing to be able to do, use your own images on the challenge, lovely thoughts that go with it too, was thinking about this earlier in the week myself then discovered that one of my friends is unable to craft due to a bad flareup of arthritis.
    Great card and thanks for joining us at DU2DS

    ReplyDelete
  21. your cards are sooo inspirational such an artist ann
    luv
    linnie

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x