Friday, 13 March 2009

Something For A Guy

Click on image to enlarge

This is my first card using the Sheena Douglass Pub Set from the Create a Scene range of stamps and is for my nephew's 21st birthday early next week. There are actually 21 stamps on this sheet and I've used four of them to create this card. The main image was stamped using distress walnut stain and coloured with coloursoft pencils which were blended with baby oil. As were the barrels and the bottle and pint sitting on the largest barrel. I used a sakura clear glaze pen on the glass and the bottle. The coloursoft and baby oil didn't disturb the distress ink at all incidentally - I just made sure that it was fully dry before I started. The cheers and Happy Birthday were both stamped with versamark and embossed with detail gold ep. After sponging around the main image with old paper, tea dye and aged mahogany distress inks I used a gold pentouch on the very edges and mounted them onto a scalloped mat which used one of my own bp's and gold mirror card. The label for the happy birthday I designed and cut using the robo and edged with gold pentouch.
I can see that this set will be wonderful for those difficult male cards and is ideal for this week's challenge at Charisma Cardz which is called "Something for the guys!" hence the title of my post.
Thank you for your visit today.

23 comments:

  1. Oh Ann its great I love it I think its wonderful that you give such a detailed explanation of what you use and how you use it I find it so helpful.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann I wish you hadn't done this card - it's so good and it's made me want the stamps now. Oh nooooooooooooooo I can't!!!

    Brilliant work and I too really appreciate the detail you put in as it helps us develop our own skills - thank you so much for spending the extra time.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love how you have used this stamp set!! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great male card Ann, really nice.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Love it! Love it! Like the others I a also grateful for the details explanation of how you have made this lovely card. I definately have to have the pub set now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card Ann. Love the softness of the colouring.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and such a great detailed explanation.Have never tried baby oil before for blending thanks for the tip and thanks for joining the Charisma challenge this week
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ann, your card is so gorgeous and beautifull.
    Fantastic. Perfect for a man.
    I may have to buy these stamps now.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fantastic card! Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges - good luck!
    Leanne :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card Ann and what wonderful colouring. This sure looks like the perfect set of stamps for those hard to do male cards. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb card Ann. Love all the details and the way you have composed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it all, the image is fab and totally great for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card for a guy Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What A Fabulous Card Ann. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love it Ann,see more i look at your blog more things i want!! hehe
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another wonderful card Ann, beautifully designed, and I love the subtle colouring. I'm sure your nephew will be delighted with it.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous man's card Ann, you can always be relied on to turn a difficult task into a work of art!
    I'm another fan of your explanations on how you made your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so clever Ann. This card is stunning, the colours, image, just everything,perfect!
    Sorry I've not been around much over the last week.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful example of colouring and use of backgrounds in stamping i just love it..you are an inspiration Ann
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card for a man, I love this one. Always difficult to find the right design for a male card but this fits the bill perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ann thankyou so much for your support on my blog it means so much to me that my friends visit... you know how much i value these hints and tutorials and i am gaining confidence with every visit
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x