Monday, 2 March 2009

She has the blues?

Click on image to enlarge

I do hope not because if so, it'll be me that's responsible! This card is for two challenges, Rainbow Lady's Challenge which this week has been set by fellow Rainbow Friend Lynn and is called People and The Cuttlebug Spot which is beautiful bows this week. The stamp is from Rubbadubbadoo and is one of a plate of Da vinci drawings. I bought two Da Vinci plates a few years ago and in some ways have not found it easy to use them so was determined to for this card. I think one of the things that's held me back is that I got into a bit of a vintage rut with them so I have the lovely Edna to thank for this one. She recently did a very vibrant butterfly card and I looked at this stamp and thought "why not blue?" and the rest as they say is history! I made the bp myself with alcohol inks and overstamping with brilliance graphite black. The lower half was put through the cuttlebug hound tooth folder. The image was stamped onto white pearlescent paper with memento paris dusk and the Happy Birthday is stamped using the same ink onto semi glossy card and embossed with clear ep. Organza ribbon and brads finish it off.

27 comments:

  1. Great image, she doesn't look "blue". Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely, Ann. No reason she should not be blue in colour - we just hope she is not blue/depressed!! lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blue lady Ann. Love the stamp. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's beautiful Ann! That stamp is amazing and I love the monochromatic color scheme. Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Ann, absolutely stunning
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour Ann. I just love Da Vinci images and you have done her proud.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and a beautiful image Ann.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic card, and i love the different blues you have used to create such amazing depth and interest


    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, absoloutely stunning beautiful. I love everything about your card.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love it!! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Ann. Love the stamped image and the colourway.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant card! I love the stamped imaged! Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!

    Cuttlehugs!
    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann this is a beautiful card and you have used one of my favourite da Vinci images. I have those stamps too - somewhere. LOL
    Edna x

    PS thanks for the mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card Ann! She may have the blues but it's in a nice way! Amazing image and the bow is such a pretty twist. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Ann and LOVE this image she doesnt look as thou she got the blues to me!! she sitting very pretty!!
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful work you do. I love this its stunning but when i look through your blog ... all of your work is fab
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the blue. Outstanding job on this one.

    Thank you for participating in this week's challenge at
    the Cuttlebug Spot.

    Nilda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! Love the image! Thank you for having fun with us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely Ann and she looks serene not blue at all. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, the colors are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! I love this card... The blue on blue bow is beautiful and the cuttlebug embossing folder is perfect for this card...
    Thanks for playing with us this week.
    HUGS...SK :)
    Visit my NEW blog, follow it and link me to yours for the chance to win a $50 RAK full of scrap goodies at the end of the month.
    www.scraps4fun.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card! Love your tone-in-tone color scheme and the organza ribbon.

    Thanks for joining us this week!

    Kathrin aka Kruemel
    CB spot DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ann, just trying to catch up!
    I love this (and all of your latest creations!) and I've just had a lovely time browsing your latest posts, I feel like I've been away forever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. GREAT job on the challenge. Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Ann. Your image is so beautiful and calming.
    Rheannon

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x