Friday, 27 March 2009

A New Little Friend


Click on images to enlarge

A new friend has come into my life - cute Daisy May. She is delightful and even has her own challenge. There are 15 sheets of digi stamps drawn by the very talented Linnie and sheet number 15 came my way as a gift. If you've visited my blog before, you'll know that I don't do 'cute' very often - so many of you do it a lot better - so I hope I've done her justice! She is a delight to work with though and I will be using her again and again.
This week's Cute Daisy May Challenge is called Secret Somethings, the idea being to hide something on your card. I hope this entry will be acceptable because it isn't a card but a criss cross wallet you will find the tutorial for this at www.craftyann.com. I first made one of these to hold a gift of money, but have made several since then to house ATCs - they will hold 6 so Daisy My is adorning both the wallet and it's first ATC. I used inktense pencils and twinkling H2Os to colour her and have embellished with tiny flowers, padded hearts, ribbon and flat backed pearls. The silver mirri card has been put through the cuttlebug argyle folder.
I apologise for the photos, but try as I might, I just couldn't get the light right.

16 comments:

  1. I know you don't usually do 'cute' but when you do - you do it really well. This is really lovely.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ann,I'm sure it doesn't matter not being a card cos you have hidden something in it. I'm having real problems with this one. I've never done hidden or secret
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, you should do 'cute' more often. This is a lovely image and your colours are beautiful. Will pop over to see your tutorial on 'criss cross wallet'
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely pieces you have made! And your cute work is... cute! Maybe you will play with us to at tekst herrt Pieces we would love to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute Ann. I have quite a few Daisy may images as well and I love them all. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this card is just lovely Ann.
    Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog this morning.

    Hugs Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ann this is awesome and you have done Cute Daisy May proud with the beautiful colouring I love it you never fail whether it be 'cute' or your fave 'scenes'.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh isn't she cute - I'll have to go and check these downloads out.

    You've done a good job Ann as always and I know what you mean about the light - it is such a pain getting good photos.
    That card you sent me is 20 times better in real life. It's still making me smile.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann you have done daisy proud she looks stunning in her lilac tu tu thanks for joining in our challenge over on daisy..anyone struggling just hide your sentiment somewhere thats what i did..easier challenge next week i promise
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann she is lovely, I just love cute and you have really done her justice.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous project and you definitely do cute very well just like everything else! Thanks for joining the DMD Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work Ann, thanks for joining the Cute Daisy May challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann

    Your card is so cute, she's adorable.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you do cute, like everything else, very well Ann. I must have a play with my Daisy Mays too.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful creation Ann. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x